• Tweets

• It is important that you do the reading about this subject in the sub- forum. It's not complicated but you need to be in control and I don't think you are. For instance, much of the information you need and also the case transcripts that you're looking for are in the fixed topics at the top of this sub- forum but clearly you didn't know that. You will gain in confidence if you do the reading. Particularly as it now looks as if the mediation has not worked because EVRi have stayed you up and so you may now be going to trial. You need to understand thoroughly what you are doing. We will help you and you will find our support is unstinting but you have to do your part. Please spend a lot of time reading the stories on the sub- forum especially the pinned posts at the top of the sub- forum and then start preparing your court bundle. We have instructions here for everything
    • I have had a secondary thought.  I borrowed £s from a completely separate entity 6y ago. It was personal and unsecured. I was going to repay upon sale of the property. But then repo and I couldn't.  Eventually they applied and got a charging order on the property.  Their lawyers wrote that if I didn't repay they may apply for an order for sale.  I'm not in control of the sale.  The lender won't agree to an order for sale.  The judge won't expedite it/ extract from trial.  Someone here on cag may or may not suggest I can apply for an order v the receiver?  But could I alternatively ask this separate entity with a c.o to carry out their threat and actually make an application to court for an order for sale v the receiver instead?
    • You left the PCN number showing, but no worries, I've redacted it. Euro Car parks are very well known to us.  I've just skimmed through the titles of the latest 100 cases we have with them (I gave up after 100) and, despite all their bluster and threats, in not one have they taken the Cagger to court. You stayed there for 2 hours &:45 minutes.  I'm guessing the limit is 2 hours and 30 minutes, right?  
    • If the claimant fails to draft directions the court can order a Case Management Hearing to set them but normally in Fast Track claims the claimant sets the directions...Unlike small claims track which are always set the court.
    • Not Evris offer, the court offers mediation service.   All claims proceed to hearing if mediation fails /not happen.   Why do you not wish to attend in person to stand your claim ?     Absolutely you must comply with the courts directions or your claim risks being struck out. Preparation for a hearing should happen irrespective of mediation.   https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/460613-suing-a-parcel-delivery-company-when-you-dont-have-a-direct-contract-with-them-–-third-party-rights-copy-of-judgment-available/#comment-5255007   Andy  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Stikiuk Vs Nationwide

stikiuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

am just starting the process of trying to claim these charges back.

My charges are all Returned Direct Debit/ Standing order charges as i don't have an overdraft or cheque book.

This amounts to £1292.50 plus 0.27p in interest charges !

I sent of the request 3rd October, recieved my statements in the neat binder :rolleyes: 10th Oct(Today). So will be posting of the Prelim letter tomorow morning.

Will keep you informed.

Stiki :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

I recieved what i think is a standard reply saying that they wont refund my charges as i agreed to them when i signed the application forms blah blah.

Also they are aware there has been a lot of speculation about fees and charges in the media and that the office of fair trading has issued a directive regarding CREDIT CARDS.

Can someone tell me if this is pretty standard and do i just ignore it and go ahead and send them the LBA ??

Cheers

Standard, ignore, send LBA :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

Sent of the LBA, have recieved another letter explaining "the rationale behind our charges policy ".

Basically still saying they are unable to refund my charges.

Just wanted to confirm where i go next,

Do i wait the 14 calendar days then just go ahead with the money claim or should i write to them again ??

Bit baffled by this part :confused:

just started reading up on the moneyclaim part can anyone give me any help with regards to the interest. I have already done the spreadsheet with the 8%, is this all i claim when i go ahead ??

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Got my " Notice of issue " from the court today. Cant believe how quick it was ( hope nationwide are as quick in paying up !).

Anyway they have till 17 th December to reply.

Cum on guys pay up :p

Just realised i didnt attach a schedule of charges with my MCOL. Ive sent the schedule to nationwide in the past though, will this make a difference because i havnt sent it to the court ??

My claim was acknowledged by nationwide yesterday !

Realised I done the same as that, so I sent one to the court and one to Nationwide, with a nice covering letter telling them that I had lodged a claim with the small claims court. :D

Claim was issued yesterday............ start the countdown now!!!

Nationwide: Sent prelim letter 31/10/06

Letter saying not paying 8/11/06

LBA sent 14/11/06

MCOL issued 29/11/06

Yeah because you were only a day after me, so shoudnt think you'll have to wait to long.

Am just a bit puzzled as to why they put that much in, theres been no more since. I think ive checked my balance about 10 toimes today ! :p Just incase !

The shops are calling me :D

I've checked my bank god knows how many times today. I think that they put the costs and interest in first and then the actual charges a day or so later.

I wish they would hurry up, I need to go Christmas shopping ;)

Well of to check the bank again now...

Nationwide: Sent prelim letter 31/10/06

Letter saying not paying 8/11/06

LBA sent 14/11/06

MCOL issued 29/11/06

• 1 month later...

Can anyone give me any advice about closing your account after paying out.

I got my refund of charges at begining of dec, and so i waited for the standard closure letter. I opened another account in preperation but as i never received the letter i never changed the direct debits.

Anyway after coming home from holiday on the 12th jan i opened a letter that said they had closed my account down on 2nd January after giving me 30 days notice on 4th December, and sent me a cheque for the money that was still in there.

I definitely NEVER received any notice to close the account, i was looking out for this letter every morning. In light of this all my direct debits and standing orders since the 2nd have been returned and i am now getting charges of these people. Either £20 or £30 per one.

So basically all i want to know is can the banks close your account without giving you 30 days notice ? And if not where can i go from here.

Thanks in advance

I guess the moral here is Don't trust em!! Always change to another bank before you start procedings and put all your regular payments over to it.

As a point of interest Smile took away my overdraft facility so I had to make sure that account was in credit before they closed the overdraft. So far the account still works..

Smile :) bank prelim sent 25 oct £180

Smile :) bank LBA sent 8th Nov

Smile bank Received £180 25th Nov :) :)

http://cloudbasspa.co.uk