Provident Financial - Panorama – Undercover: Debt on the Doorstep is on BBC1 at 8.30pm tonight

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mentally ill woman 'given doorstep loans by Provident Financial

Investigators went undercover at Provident Financial, which has 1.8million customers, and say they found cases of lending that appeared to breach industry guidelines.

They interviewed the mother of the unnamed woman, who requires constant care but was allegedly given loans totalling several thousand pounds over a number of years.

The investigation, carried out by the BBC’s Panorama programme, claims one of the company’s agents acknowledged that the schizophrenic woman was ‘not all there’.

The programme also claims to show a Provident seller calling on another customer and accepting that she doesn’t think the woman can look after herself.

The company said: ‘Provident has strict policies to prevent loans being advanced to anyone it believes does not have the mental capacity to understand the terms of the loan.

‘However, with 1.8million customers we recognise that we will not always get it right and if we make a mistake we work hard to put matters right.’

Panorama – Undercover: Debt on the Doorstep is on BBC1 at 8.30pm tonight.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2211006/Mentally-ill-woman-given-doorstep-loans-Britains-biggest-lenders-despite-knowing-schizophrenic.html

See that woman throw her teddy out the pram when she realised that her "client" had paid Shopacheck instead of her - how sad never mind - and of course we never call our clients names to their faces - disgusting people

Pathetic/Twisted sales personnel selling to those who most illafford such loans!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I got one of these "Provvie" loand a few years ago when I lost my job.

I had no intention of paying it back though.

I got £200 at £10 per week for 32 weeks.

I paid once, then just ignored the door.

After 12 weeks I then paid £1 as, there is nothing they can do if you pay every 13 weeks.

Then after a while it gets passed to their pathetic inhouse DCA CK HeadButt who throw thier toys ot out the pram.

I havent heard from them for over 12 months now - think they gave up. Or realised they were wern't going to win lol

I got one of these "Provvie" loand a few years ago when I lost my job.

I had no intention of paying it back though.

I got £200 at £10 per week for 32 weeks

I paid once, then just ignored the door.

After 12 weeks I then paid £1 as, there is nothing they can do if you pay every 13 weeks.

Then after a while it gets passed to their pathetic inhouse DCA CK HeadButt who throw thier toys ot out the pram.

I havent heard from them for over 12 months now - think they gave up. Or realised they were wern't going to win lol

As much as we all dislike doorsrep lenders CAG does NOT condone debt avoidance!

BRIGADIER2JCS

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

In 2009, the children's charity Barnardo's published a highly critical report about the impact on families of being forced into the arms of door-to-door lenders. Its assistant director of policy, Neera Sharma, said last night: "Provident's profits are rising, making more and more money from the most hard up. Needy parents should not be forced into this downward spiral of debt, which can leave them feeling hopeless.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/doorstep-lenders-make-money-out-of-misery-2192460.html

Over the years these parasitic lenders have exploited those in difficult circumstances, wthin the ''community'' that I worked in fo ver 40 years no small number of individuals and families have suffered at their hands.