Debts over 8 years old

cooldad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have regularly been making payment to 6 credit card companies and banks for over 8 years since 2004.

My original debt was £30k and it is now £20K.

I am now 64 and I would like to be debt free when I reach my pension age.

Although my debts are no longer registered with the CRAs, I assume I still can't walk away from my debts.

Can my creditors still chase me in court and take my house away, which is the only equity I have?

The most they would probably do is IF they ever went near a court, they could ask for a charging order. They could also ask for bankruptcy, but since theyve allowed you to make payments like this for years, its doubtful

Since these are all credit cards, have you got full statements for all of them. If you have any missold PPI or penalty fee's on there, if you reclaim them, it could wipe out a significant proportion of the debt, especially with compound interest.

Can i ask if you are still dealing with the OC's, or are you dealing with DCA's?

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

have to have a ccj first

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

pers id cca them all

list your debts please

and you seriously need to investigate reclaiming

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not really easy to get a CCJ at all. Theres a legal process to go through which gives you multiple chances to convince a court of your side of the story and put forward any proof. Only if the court doesnt believe you will any reference to a CCJ be made.

Payment orders will be made by a judge who will look over your financial situation and see what you can afford to pay back to the debt. ONLY if you default on this order will the debt go back to court, you will have to explain to a judge why you didnt pay, and then ONE of the enforcement options open to a judge is a charging order.

As you can see, its not as scary or as evil as the creditors would have you believe.

As for a CCA request, it basically asks the creditor to supply the credit agreement you signed along with the terns of conditions when the account was open, and the terms now. If they cant supply it, then they cannot enforce it in court.

As dx said, you need to get full information on these debts, as it seriously sounds like you have been cash cowed on unenforceable debts that are loaded with penalty fees or bogus charges/ppi.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D