Sexy_Em vs HSBC

Sexy_Em
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had my bank account with HSBC for almost 5 years, and in that time I'm guessing that theres quite a few unfair charges I can claim back.

However, last year I had a fraud problem, and they shut down my account and opened a whole new one.

Will I be able to claim back charges on this old account?!

Also, because of my poor credit rating, they refused to give me a cheque book with this new account, so if I write to them asking for a list of all my charges...how do I pay the £10 fee?!?!

thanks

• Haha 1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK!

Lets do this!

I am about to send off my SAR to HSBC. Have found read loads of FAQ's etc, and found the canada sqr address which seems to be the most popular on here.

Have followed stephenfletcher's advice, and if it works i will be ever grateful!

I am going to obtain charges info for my current account, and an account closed last yr (for fraud). Also, as HSBC refuse to give me a cheque book, I have modified the standard SAR letter to include the following "I am aware that there is a statutory maximum fee of £10; however I have no cheque book with my HSBC account. Please inform me how you wish this fee to be paid."

As I say, stephenfletcher, if it works then thank you very much!!!

From what I have read so far on this forum, it isnt luck I need, only determination. And I have plenty!!

Here's to getting back what it rightfully mine!!!

Sexy_Em

xox

they didnt charge me EM, so they may tell you they are waiving the fee. they will probs ignore your prelim and LBA, i am about to send off my N1 court action forms ( couldnt get it on the MCOL one too many lines) shout out if you need help :)

• Confused 1

me against the abbey Paid in full (donation made)

me against the woolwich Paid in full(donation made)

me against HSBC Paid in full(donation made)

beware the scrapbooker, for she has a long memory and sharp knives :lol:

Hey hun!! Thanks very much for ya support!! good to know there are so many people around me backing me up :D

Couple of questions already...

1. How long did they take to reply to your SAR?

2. Did they send you details of charges, or just statements?

3. What is N1?

thanks!

x

Send them a postal order for £10. They may delay issuing your statements without this.

Coopman v HSBC

Prelim sent 9.10.2006 £1546.50

Coopman v Capital One

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 9.10.2006

Coopman v MBNA

S.A.R sent 13.10.2006

Citibank,Egg,Argos and student Loans Company to follow shortly.

It will cost you about £11 for a £10 postal order. You can cash it back in again but remember to keep the receipt as proof of purchase. Better still get a friend to write a cheque out for you, but remember to write your name, address, and account details on the back of the cheque.

Coopman v HSBC

Prelim sent 9.10.2006 £1546.50

Coopman v Capital One

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 9.10.2006

Coopman v MBNA

S.A.R sent 13.10.2006

Citibank,Egg,Argos and student Loans Company to follow shortly.

Hi Sexy Em

It took approx 2 weeks for all my statments to come through they waived the £10 charge for my SAR. You will have a happy afternoon with a higlighter pen as they do not send a breakdown of charges took nearly 4 hours for me and my partner to work through our statments and It is a real eye opener. You don't need to worry about the N1 yet this is the form required if you are filling via the small claims court and actually attending the court in person to issue the claim I did mine on line via MCOL (money claim online)

Data Protection letter sent 15/08/06

All statments received 29/08/06 total £3950.50 2 accounts

Prelim approach sent 30/08/06 - for both accounts

LBA sent for both accounts 15/09/06

MCOL Filed for both accounts 05/10/06

MCOL Acknowledged 12/10/06

Letter Received req breakdown of charges 28/10/06

Letter Sent with breakdown of charges 28/10/06

Letter received with full offer on the 01/11/06

Sent letter back accepting offer and crossing confidential agreement out 01/11/06

:razz: :razz: :razz:

Hi Sexy Em

It took approx 2 weeks for all my statments to come through they waived the £10 charge for my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). You will have a happy afternoon with a higlighter pen as they do not send a breakdown of charges took nearly 4 hours for me and my partner to work through our statments and It is a real eye opener. You don't need to worry about the N1 yet this is the form required if you are filling via the small claims court and actually attending the court in person to issue the claim I did mine on line via MCOL (money claim online)

2 weeks isnt too bad, bummer about having to go thru it all ourselves!! lol. I'm beginning to think 'what am I letting myself in for' lol. I dont think its going to be a great deal of money to be honest, but every little helps, and I just hope it will all be worth it!!

Will send it off today. Am not going to put any thing in it, and leave it with the 'how do u wish the charge to be paid' bit in. If i havent heard anythin in 2 weeks time, I will send again with the £10 p/o.

I do have internet banking, its just that my closed account is no longer on there. If I'm asking for one, I may as well ask for both!!

Hi Sexy_Em, I don't have time to read your thread at the mo - I'll check back again later and post something more helpful, just thought I'd let you know I'm here!!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Hi Sexy Em

I didn't think that it was going to be alot either and £2000 later just on my account I was glad I went through it. last year alone HSBC charged me just shy of £1500 - it is worth it trust me look at al the people who have won their charges back so far!

Sent letter back accepting offer and crossing confidential agreement out 01/11/06

Hi Sexy Em

I didn't think that it was going to be alot either and £2000 later just on my account I was glad I went through it. last year alone HSBC charged me just shy of £1500 - it is worth it trust me look at al the people who have won their charges back so far!

flippin heck!! :o

They def havent charged me that much, I wud hav known about it (only earn £12000 a yr!) but even a couple of hundred is a couple of hundred too much!!

SAR has been sent recorded delivery...will check the internet tomorrow to see if they hav received it...and then the 40 day timer starts its countdown!

wooohooo!!

My SAR was signed for on Friday. Will I receive aknowledgement from them, or will they just send my statements? also, if they just send statements then how will I know about manual intervention? will this matter?!

x

I received a acknowledgment letter a 3 days after I sent my sar this is when they returned the cheque. The letter they send covers the manual intervention question they add a standard paragraph saying

"Althogh most of our systems are automated, a "manual intervention" by HSBC staff maybe required in a variety of situations including; account opening, dealing with correspondence or telephone calls, when deposits or withdrawls are made over the counter at our branches and from time to time during account administration."

I took my sar in to my local branch so if you have posted it may take a little longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally received a letter from HSBC today confirming that they had received my SAR, and that they will be waiving the charge for it. They also included the paragraph

"Althogh most of our systems are automated, a "manual intervention" by HSBC staff maybe required in a variety of situations including; account opening, dealing with correspondence or telephone calls, when deposits or withdrawls are made over the counter at our branches and from time to time during account administration."

But I hear thats common standard. What does it actually mean tho?! Jus tryin to cover their asses?!

Well, should receive statememnts in next couple of says...but apparently they are going to come in lots of small packages! the freaks!

xox

• Haha 1

Oh well at least you have had a response - seems that the paragraph is identical to that in my letter - Told ya !!

They werent lying about the lots of small packages thing! I had 20 letters in the post this morning from HSBC! Poor Post lady lol. They must have sent all of my statements 1 or 2 months at a time!!

What a waste of paper...and postage! they can only afford to do it like that because of over charging customers GRRR!!

Looking forward to going through them all tonight with a pink highlighter!!

wooo!

oooooh,

I've just remembered that I dont have a 'parachute account' (think its called that)

I have quite poor credit rating (damn u HSBC!) and have recently been rejected for a smile account.

Can anybody make any suggestions please?!

Thanks

xox