Amazon not refunding postage costs

burnadebt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Bought a router through Amazon. Router kept dropping connections after about a couple of hours. Returned the router and obtained a refund for the router cost, however, Amazon refuse to refund the postage costs I incurred. I was under the impression that I should not be out of pocket when returning faulty goods?

Any advice/comments would be appreciated

Thanks for that but I think you miss the point. I am sure, under the Distance selling Regulations, that I am entitled to ALL my costs being refunded when returning faulty items. Amazon appear to be breaking the law when they state that the refund of postage costs when returning faulty items is optional!

Burnadebt you are correct. If you read the email that was sent to you originally after placing your order it should say they will refund return postage cost of faulty goods.

The dsrs do say if the goods are faulty and you cancel within 7 days then they must refund both delivery and return costs.

The only time they don't have to pay return costs are if you simply changed your mind and didn't want the items.

Send them this

I wish to draw your attention to r.14(6) of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (SI 2334) Which specifically states that, where goods are returned as a right due to a breach of a term implied by statute (specifically s. 14 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979), the rights, given by r. 14(5), of a seller (yourselves) to require the buyer (myself) to bear the cost of a return is dis-applied.

As such, the cost of bearing the return cost lies with yourselves. I therefore expect that you will fulfill your contractual and statutory obligation to refund my full costs including postage.

This seems to get better and better. I have been in touch with Amazon and as it stands my problem is with TechNextDay as the contract is between my self and them, however,................,looking at the Amazon Participation Agreement, Amazon state that only the money paid can be returned and nothing else! In essence, this means that Amazon are telling all their sellers that it is ok to break the DSRs using their site and there is no need to refund any postage for the return of faulty items!!!! The DSRs have been around for 10 years.......how much additional money has this made Amazon and its sellers during that time??????....millions I would guess!!!

Any idea who I need to flag this up to? Would it be the OFT or Trading Standards?