can you on be sanctioned on JSA for matched vacancies?

joeski
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just wondering if you miss an interview with a company who advertised the position on the directgov, will they inform the jobcentre even if your not matched to the vacancy?

this hasn't happened to me i'm just interested thats all:-)

The jobcentre usually phone the company who are advertising to ask if people have attended interview - at least that's what they did when I advertised a job with them.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

just wondering if you miss an interview with a company who advertised the position on the directgov, will they inform the jobcentre even if your not matched to the vacancy?

this hasn't happened to me i'm just interested thats allsmile.gif

It's probably down to the individual companies, I don't know if JCP ask for feedback but it would not be a surprise if they did. Personally I would err on the side of caution and assume that JCP would find out one way or another.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

It's probably down to the individual companies, I don't know if JCP ask for feedback but it would not be a surprise if they did. Personally I would err on the side of caution and assume that JCP would find out one way or another.

what about if you miss a phone call from the company regarding a position you applied for?

what about if you miss a phone call from the company regarding a position you applied for?

If you know it was the company who called - would you not call them back ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

If you know it was the company who called - would you not call them back ?

If the employer called, and the call was that important, the employer would call back. Similarly if the call came from some agency clerk, they would ring the candidate again. However, occasionally, agencies will send an email suggesting that "I tried to ring you this morning, but did not get an answer", and invite that you telephone them.

The y could contact he company to see if certain customers did contact to aspply for the job and how they conducted themselves during the interview especially if there was a doubt if the customer would applly and if they would conduct themselves appropriately during the interview.

If someone is matched to the vacancy then they definitely do contact to detemine if an application etc was made but although it does happen it isn't as common if not matched iygwim?

I am pretty sure if the advertiser is an agency they couldn't care less as they are usually quite poor at remembering anything older than a quarter of hour.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

I am pretty sure if the advertiser is an agency they couldn't care less as they are usually quite poor at remembering anything older than a quarter of hour.

I'm pretty sure that if it's an agency the job doesn't exist!

• Confused 1

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Yes and they do!

They complain that customers turn up unprepared for the interview and also about their appearance and attitude etc.

I know this becuase I am one of the few people who answers the phones in our office and frequently have employers contacting to complain.

Apparantly it is my fault for not preparing them properly etc, until they know that I am not a personal advisor and also once the customer leaves the building they are free to ehave exactly how they choose and the JCP let alone little old me are not held accountable for that!

Yes and they do!

They complain that customers turn up unprepared for the interview and also about their appearance and attitude etc.

I know this becuase I am one of the few people who answers the phones in our office and frequently have employers contacting to complain.

Apparantly it is my fault for not preparing them properly etc, until they know that I am not a personal advisor and also once the customer leaves the building they are free to ehave exactly how they choose and the JCP let alone little old me are not held accountable for that!

that's not good that companies are blaming jobcentre staff :-(

the reason why i asked is because i applied for a position advertised on the jobcentre website the other day, i wasn't matched to the vacancy by anyone when i signed but i got a missed call from the company, i'm not very confident on the phone so i sent another email the the company saying is it ok if we comunicate via email as i'm not very confident on the telephone. will the company ring up to complain about that and will i get in trouble?

I wouldn't know about that tbh sorry, each company is capable of alerting the JCP that manage their vacancies to advise about propsective candidates but whether they would or not is up to that particular company iygwim.

If they did contact and advise that you had done whatever then you could be asked about it by your adviser but if not matched then you wouldn't be referred for a sanction on that vacancy but you could be considered for extra support or referred for MWRA, work experience etc.