relationship breakdown, advice needed

Tigerlily68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in a loveless relationship, with 2 children 12 and 5. The 12 yr old is not my current partners child, which is causing a lot of the problems we encounter. I can not stay with him anymore, but I do not know what to do next. We are renting privatley in both our names, I work 7 and a half hours a week, partner full time employment, I have no savings or other capitol. Currently receiving child benefit 33 £ a week, child tax credit 45 £ a week and housing benefit 66£ every 2 weeks. I do not know how to find a new home. I can not stay here anymore and the children would be going with me. I will be grateful for any advice on this situation. kind regards J.x

Hi Lillibelle, the counsil here dont care. We were living abroad till 2010 until we came back home to Uk, boyfriends mother was so kind to put us up, i registerd with housing association who also work with counsil...and nothing was done,as far as they were concerned i had a roof over my head...also left me and kids with no money what so ever for 10 weeks until child benefit and child tax credit came...i am still on the list, i have been bidding for rental homes online for weeks now without success...its a night mare .but yeah i should call them and ask where i stand in relationship breakdown.thanks for your speedy reply

what you can do is go see your local benefits advice office,some have a list which will take HB tenants,.the other alternative,is to present your self to local housing office say your homeless,they may put in temporay housing [ie bed and breakfast] till you can find a place or a hostel

Hi

Please Please contact Shelter they will give you good advice and point you in the right direction for assistance.

I would also put as many housing application forms in to every Housing Association around your local area or further to at least get your names added to there housing list.

Its is a hard decision for you about presenting yourself as homeless especially with two children but they may put you in temporary housing i.e. a B&B or hostel until alternative accomodation becomes available.

You need to do what is best for you and your children and only you can really make that decision.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Unfortunately the demand for social housing is extremely high. Currently you have a roof over your head so you won't be top priority even tho your relationship has broken down. You need to contact as many local housing associations as possible and get yourself on their lists. Something will come up but it will take some time. Also agree about calling Shelter etc for advice and support