Furniture Village - URGENT HELP NEEDED x

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi we have placed an order for a siyte of furniture from FV approx 6 weks ago.

We ordered 1 x 2 seater

1 x 3 seater

1 x chair

The store phoned us last week to inform us that the sofas were ready but they were unable to supply the chair as the individual in the store had mi sold us on the fabric and it was not possible to make the chair as ordered.

We vistied the store and agreed that if the store could make the chair in another fabric that we chose then we would continue with the order.

The store were due to call us but have not

They have told us the order is ready for delivery

They are refusing to refund us the deposit even though we no longer want the order as its not what we ordered

They are being extremely un cooperative with regards to attempting to rectify this situation

In my limited legal knowledge as the goods are not the goods we ordered I feel that we do not need to accept the orde and are entitled to our deposit back?

Please help they are hounding my mother and this is unfair

This is a clear breach of contract on their behalf. They have already admitted that they cannot fulfill their obligation because the chair you wanted is not available in the fabric you wanted. You have been nice and said you would accept another fabric, again they have not done this.

Write to the store manager cancelling your order on the grounds that they cannot complete. Give them 7 days to refund your deposit and if they fail to do this, then issue a claim in the county court.

Before you go this far though email the CEO. His name is Peter Harrison and his email address is on the CEO email address site.

I get the impression that this is another company that flouts the SoGA and relies on peoples apathy to give up when sold shoddy goods or they fail to give you what you have paid for.

Why would you buy a 3 piece suite with 2 sofas and a chair and not get the chair? Are they mad? You want you have agreed and nothing less and if they can't provide it, go elsewhere. Try John Lewis clearance or buy secondhand sofa and chair and use the money to have them re-covered in your chosen fabric.

Thank you thats superb advice - we have drafted the email and ini fact when we contacted the marketiing department to ask for the email they seemed to have received this type of complaint previously.

The store manager has phoned my mother and stated that athough he cannot possibly understand why she would want to cancel (!) he will refund the money within 48 hours.

Am holding onto this letter just in case.

Thanks again for your help

Michelle