Capital One SAR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have finally received SAR info from Captial O. Looking through it it appears that I applied online and that I opted for PPI. I am sure I would not have clicked yes as I didn't know what it was.

Is it possible that it was set at yes? I am sure I cancelled the PPI on the card when I discovered I didn't need it (I had cancelled it on another card). But as I had already cleared the balance and haven't used it since I don't know. No where in the info does it say that I cancelled it, I am sure I did.

I never received any information about PPI, theres nothing in the SAR to say that I did.

I am a bit confused as to whether I have grounds for a complaint. Can anyone advise?

The ppi payments are listed, I recall cancelling the PPI but it was after the card had been paid off.

I applied online for the card and the PPI option said yes on the screen shot. I know I wouldn't have checked it because I didn't know what it was. I didn't receive any info about the PPI either.

Could well have been a pre-ticked box then.

You wouldn't have paid any PPI after the the card was paid off of course.

I would be putting in a claim on that basis.

Also have a read here as there may be more reasons why you were mis-sold

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?61081-PPI-Some-Notes-for-Claimants..(2-Viewing)-nbsp