Bluestar84

JSA sanction (A4E)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2581 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, new here and first post so be gentle :)

I have been on A4e for a few months and haven't had much luck with getting a job. However i've still always turned up to every single appointment and job search they have given me. So it was a surprise that i got a letter saying i have a doubt against my claim for missing a job search appointment on the 3rd of September.

Reading the letter it said i was informed on the 28/8/2012 of the appointment. Now this is false, i did have to see my advisor but she didn't tell me about the appointment, the only thing she handed me was my letter telling me of the next one-to-one. What's worrying me is how can i prove they didn't contact me? To be fair my advisor wrote me a letter saying i have never missed a session before and i included that in the evidence i supplied to the DMA but i'm still worried.

I haven't had the decision yet but i really can't afford any sanction and have hardly slept.

Anyone have any similar stories of being told about appointments when they didn't? Any help is appreciated.

Hi, new here and first post so be gentle :)

I have been on A4e for a few months and haven't had much luck with getting a job. However i've still always turned up to every single appointment and job search they have given me. So it was a surprise that i got a letter saying i have a doubt against my claim for missing a job search appointment on the 3rd of September.

Reading the letter it said i was informed on the 28/8/2012 of the appointment. Now this is false, i did have to see my advisor but she didn't tell me about the appointment, the only thing she handed me was my letter telling me of the next one-to-one. What's worrying me is how can i prove they didn't contact me? To be fair my advisor wrote me a letter saying i have never missed a session before and i included that in the evidence i supplied to the DMA but i'm still worried.

I haven't had the decision yet but i really can't afford any sanction and have hardly slept.

Anyone have any similar stories of being told about appointments when they didn't? Any help is appreciated.

From the information that you have provided, I suggest that i) you appeal against the Sanction as you are entitled to do, ii) issue a complaint using the organisations complaint process, and iii) write a letter to your MP and Public Accounts Committee citing your concerns.

Write a letter of reconsideration to state that you were unaware of the said meeting. You can also write in the letter that you would like to know how A4E confirmed the said appointment with you, e.g was it confirmed verbally, letter handed in person or posted and if it was posted what addresss and was it 1st, 2nd or recorded delivery and to the correct address?

State in the letter that if the reconsideration is not favourable you subsequently appeal against the decision.

If you've received a sanction doubt there's no point in discussing it with the provider as once the doubt has been raised it's completely out of their control. Anything you discuss with them could help them strengthen their case against you. All your communication should be limited to the Jobcentre/DWP. You need to request a copy of the WP08 form and ask them to include any other evidence supplied by the provider. Once you have that you know exactly when/where/what you are being accused of and can base your response on those facts.

You may even find that the WP08 form has been filled in incorrectly and then you don't have to provide any evidence to get the sanction quashed.