ESA 3 Form

joeblogs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend migrated from Contribution Based Incapacity Benefit to Contribution Based ESA Support Group.

At the time of the migration, she was in receipt of High Rate Mobility DLA. When she was transfered to ESA Contribution Support Group, she was advised to ask for her DLA to be reviewed. She is now receiving High Rate Mobility and High Rate Care DLA.

She was advised to claim Severe and Enhanced Disability Premium and completed form IS10.

She has now received ESA3 Form to complete with a letter stating 'in order to consider your entitlement to these premiums you need to be in receipt of income related esa and please complete the enclosed form enclosing all financial documents.

Does this mean that the dwp want to change her from Contribution Based esa to I B esa or is it just for the severe and enhanced disability premiums that she will be on income related ESA and will receive the rest of her esa contribution based?

Any advice please.

To qualify for the premiums u need to be getting the income based ESA, they will still give u the Cont based but will deduct it from the income based meaning you will get the cont based + the extra amounts for the premiums. BUT it depends on whether u qualify for Income bsed ESA

• 1 month later...

Hi. Some further thoughts regarding the ESA 3 form.

I was sent one of these after successfully appealing the DWP decision to put me into a WRAG,

with the help of the RNIB legal team (I'm registered blind).

After contact from the RNIB the DWP now say that the form was sent in error.

The form is not available on the DWP website as a PDF,

which makes it very difficult for visually impaired persons to complete such forms, without relying on outside help.

I have scanned my copy of the form (50 pages, and so quite large!), and it is available from my website, if anyone needs a copy.

Hope this is helpful for other forum members.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guitaralf,

Could you possibly email me your copy fo the ESA3, I've been requesting one since the 5th of November (even by 2 registered letters to DWP), not received any requested by numberous telephone calls and my local DWP have never heard of the form!! My housing benefit is suspended pending my confirmation of benefits!!!

Kind regards,

Xtina

This file is password protected, which for material intended for public use, issued by a public body, is pretty nonsensical. Being able to complete these forms on computer, and to then print them out, is essential for visually disabled persons, and would probably fall under the legal Disability Discrimination Act definition of a 'reasonable adjustment'. There are ways to remove such protection, but they are probably illegal, and in any case, why should anyone have to do this?

I don't know the reason behind it but I assume it's to do with the fact that it is one way to ensure that the company who print and provide the forms are paid for each copy. JCP cannot print theses forms either as it is protected there too.

When Universal Credit kicks in everything will be online and there will be no paper forms to complete