Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3074 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Ok in the next few months i am looking at renting a house but i have a question

i am still in contract with Virgin Media and will be for the next 18 months as i have renewed my XL TV and TiVo services due to returning to work full time.

Virgin will obviously not let me disconnect my services if a landlord won't let me have them installed.

So my question is for people who have experienced this what is the outcome are they fussy with such things as there is abit of drilling involved on the outside or do a majority of them allow you too.

Best bet is to ask the LL for permission. It's very unwise if you start drilling when he's said no.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have seen cases where cable runs in the road, outside the house etc but they will not connect for love nor money. In my case we have a Cable TV manhole within 2m of the property and Virgin won't connect and give 12 flats a connection. Reason? It's an old analogue line, not fibre optic.