style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Succesfully won a claim on behalf of my wife for HSBC CC ppi from 2003-2006

but they are unwilling to repay anything pre 2005 as they do not have the data to calculate it and

therefore, despite the common assumption that they can average it ( their words !! ),

they won't entertain refunding for this period .

Any suggestions peeps ??

SAR worth a punt ??

Sounds similar to my experience! They first refused to give a payment prior to 2005 but I wrote back telling them to make an offer which includes the pre-2005 amount. The chances are they'll advise you that since their last letter they have since upgraded their calculator which includes the pre-2005 amount!

I would send a SAR so you can see just how far out their calculations are, and at the same time reject their first offer! As according to my calculations they are about £1k short!

Still on the lookout for buried treasure!

Any advice I give here is based on my own experiences throughout my life, career and training and should not be taken as accurate. If in doubt, speak to someone more qualified - a Solicitor, Citizens Advice to name but two possible avenues!