style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have been with my current insurers for 2 years. I went to them with 3 or 4 years NCD and I would have had to prove this by faxing them my renewal letter from previous insurers.

However I am now leaving current insurers and when I had my renewal notice they have quoted it as 11 years (should be 5 or 6 years). I have phoned them twice to question this and both times they have told me it is correct.

What should I do? Get new insurance with 5 years NCD or quote the 11?

It does look like someone somewhere has made an error (not me). I can't find an e-mail with a scanned copy of NCD from 2 years prior so I must have faxed it to them.

I had been getting quotes with 5 years NCD prior to the renewal letter and then I started to get quotes with 11 years. Are the new insurers likely to dig into my NCD further if I send them the renewal letter that shows 11?

It's not just the renewal letter that shows 11 either, my 'personal details' section on the customer portal also show 11.

Advice would be appreciated

If you are sure the 5 years is accurate, then send them a letter, or fax the original no claims proof and the proof of how long you have been with them. Once they see physical evidence, they should change it.

SOme people would say take the 11. However, if its checked up on later, you could be facing criminal charges for supplying false information, or obtaining a pecuniary advantage.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Just thought I would let you know how I got on.

I was overcome with worry this morning so I rang company A. The third customer service advisor I had spoken to in one week told me their computer said I was entitled to 11 years.

I explained the situation to her and asked her to look into it further.

She put me on hold for 10 minutes and went off to speak to someone. She came back and told me they had indeed made an error. My husband and his car are also insured with Axa (separate policy) and I am a named driver on his policy, and somehow the computer has applied his NCD to my name (but he still the same amount of NCD too. She said that the NCD they had applied to my account would be honoured, so it looks like I have been on the receiving end of a lucky mistake.

Thats awesome :) Good of the insurers to do that for you :)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I think most insurers only use 5 yrs as a max ,even if you have 11,mind you i ended up on a good one i used an insurance company and did multi car,on the renewal it was a joke,now i had 15yr on one car and 2 yr on the other ,so canncelled the renewal nice peeps gave me 16yrs on both!