Not very happy at all

SillyOldFool
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Friday I found I had run out of my hearing aid batteries. Thought I had another pack, but didn't. I normally buy them off the web and always buy Duracell. They usually come with 2-3 years before expiry left.

As I had none, I went to town and the only place I could find any was a market trader. Got the correct ones and came home. I noticed a price sticker over the expiry date and peeled it off to find the batteries are over 6 months out of date already!

We are talking just £4 here, but considering I normally pay £2 a pack and they have 2-3 years left, you will see why I am less than happy.

My question is this. Am I entitled to take them back and demand a refund? I have obviously used one battery, but have put it back in the pack. I have no doubt whatsoever that the price was deliberately put over the expiry date which is pretty naughty.

Where do I stand on these?

Well, thanks for all the answers. I am, erm...... underwhelmed!

Just an update from me then. Went back this morning and spoke with the trader. He could offer no explanation as to why the price tag had been conveniently put over the expiry date and tried to show me that the batteries are fine because they show 1.4v on his little meter. I had to inform him that I am an electronics engineer (retired) and voltage means diddly squat, it is the AH that counts. I may as well have spoken in Chinese really. He did tell me he has been selling batteries for 30 years. That made me wonder why he hadn't moved on and got a shop by now.

However, he did give me a full refund without quibble and insisted I kept the batteries too. So cannot say fairer than that and hats off to him for that at least. I have no doubt that he will continue to sell out of date batteries as it will be very profitable. But at least I can just go back to my usual supplier and haven't lost anything.

No. I am going to use them, although the first one ran out this morning which is about 3 days quicker than usual. I didn't ask for them or want them. However, it would be mad to just throw them away even if the whole lot only last a day, as they are free.