3 Mi-fi Dongle

davidj007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi , was wondering if anyone can help me,

about 8 months ago i bought a 3 mobile mi-fi dongle on contract and now the charging port on the dongle has actually broke off,

It is an internal port like on a phone and has not been misused at all

but according to 3 it is not covered by warranty

and they will not replace it even though I told them about the sales of good act and fit for purpose.

What am i meant to do because they say the only option

I now have is to buy a new one that costs about £80.

Help please. thanks

warranty is nowt to do with it

as you've guessed its repairable under soga.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I went into the shop today because customer services is getting me no where

they said I can send it away for twenty pounds

but if they want they will charge another 80 to fix it because we need a new one

because they might class it as physical damage

but obviously a charging port coming loose would be physical damage

because you have to plug in a cable.

What's the next step and should i pay for something I don't have and they refuse to fix?

And are they not breaking the law or in breach of contract by refusing to fix it and make us pay?

god they sond just like comet.

dont take any bull

it is less than 6mts old

you shuold not need to pay for any Eng report

the damn thing has failed under SOGA 'not fit for purpose' rule

i think you need to email the CEO

it should not cost YOU ANYTHING!!

stop paying too.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have have just been informed by my other half we have had it for bout eight months but if they are selling it for a 24 month contract it should still stand up to charging for 24 months shouldn't it, and what would happen if we did not pay them their contract fees?

time to email the CEO me thinks

this is disgusting .

even at 8mts it should still be repaired FOC

under soga.

dx

and they

I would Email the CEO [email protected]

dx

and they

• 4 weeks later...

hi I posted on here a few weeks ago about my three mi-fi dongle but can't find my posts.

Basically I got a broadband dongle in january from 3 but a couple of weeks ago i was plugging in the usb charger and the charging port fell off into the dongle, I phoned 3 customer services and they said I would have to pay for a new dongle because it would be put down to physical damage which i was not happy about and told them that they should replace it because an item designed for a 24 month contract should last at least 24 months without breaking and since you had to actually plug in a usb cable to charge it, obviously it would be physical but they did not care. I then wrote my other post on here and managed to get the CEO's e-mail address and got told to not pay till the matter was resolved. I e-mailed three and told them my situation and also told them I would not be paying until the matter was resolved, thay got back to me a couple of days later for my account number and said they would be in touch before seven days, this was about a week and a half ago, they never said anything about me not paying them but today i received a bill for two months through the post. Should I right back to the CEO and see what is going on or wait for them and continue to not pay? Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Stopping paying is a dangerous game as they report payment details on your credit file. Personally, if you are getting no-where with customer services, start on their complaints procedure (outlined here) Tell them they've supplied goods that do not conform to the sale of goods act, they are not durable and not fit for purpose. You want your legal rights of a repair or replacement, and compensation for the period you've been without service. If they do not give this ask for a DEADLOCK letter so you can escalate the complaint (although I believe "Ombudsman Services: Communications " are a toothless qango, and you'd be better taking them to court for the value of a replacement dongle)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

This is the reply i just received from 3 about my dongle what am i meant to do now?

Hello Miss Rennie

I've tried to call you in response to your email, but it seems that the number we have for you is incorrect.

I'm sorry that you're unhappy with the information you received from our customer services, however I'm afraid that we won't be able to replace your MiFi device for you at this time. From the information you've provided, it does sound likely that that your MiFi device has been damaged and can't be repaired under the warranty you're given by the manufacturer. However, if you feel this isn't the case, then I'd suggest that you send the device for repair, so that the repairers can properly determine what's gone wrong.

To send you're device for repair, you can contact our customer services again and arrange for a pre-paid envelope to be sent to you. Or, you can go to your nearest 3Store and request that they send it away on your behalf. If you don't want to send your device for repair, then I'm afraid you’ll need to buy a new one in order to use the services. You can check out our MiFi and dongle prices on our website or in store.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you were looking for, but I'm afraid you’ll need to follow the repairs process in line with your warranty.

Thank you

Reply, ask if that is their final answer and you are now at DEADLOCK so you can escalate your complaint.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Well, all this time passing and you're paying for a service you're not recieving... Are you prepaired to take this to court?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

i'm not actually paying them anymore i stopped when they refused to change/repair my dongle and yes i would take it to court because their treatment is unfair and unescessary, they could have just fixed it properly but they had to try and screw me over.lol

I said it before, not paying is a dangerous game. Write a LBA (good guide http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/making-a-complaint/taking-a-dispute-to-the-small-claims-court/sample-letter/)

Tell them you want either the dongle repairing free of charge, or you'll take them to court for the cost of the replacement, and you want their fees waiving for the period that you've not been able to use their service, and any adverse data on your credit file correcting.

Send that to their registered office:-

HUTCHISON 3G UK LIMITED

STAR HOUSE 20

GRENFELL ROAD

MAIDENHEAD

BERKSHIRE

SL6 1EH

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 2 weeks later...

So, time to follow thrught with court action.

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk is probably the easiest way, although I would be tempted to get the paperwork, and pop in to a three store and tell them you are on your way to your local county court to file these papers if they don't sort it right now.

Research what you are claiming for, and relevent laws and other similar cases, check your credit file and claim.

noddle is free https://www.noddle.co.uk/ and you can get a free trial of credit expert, or £2 per statutory report. The three agencies are Call Credit, Expirian and Equifax.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar