Jump to content

 

BankFodder BankFodder


style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2749 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi,

Just need a little help, Imove into a private rental property back in May 2011, we loved the placebecause of the room and conservatory. There had been a leak in the conservatorysome time ago, way before we moved in and this had been repaired.

From the next time it rainedwe had water coming in at 4 different points, called the agent the next day andabout a week later the LL sent his builders round who put what I can onlyassume was silicon sealant around the roof windows, needless to say the nexttime it rained the leaks started again.

One part of the wall fromaround Sep last year is now water damaged where the water ran down streams.

In the end they put an awfulblue piece of polythene on to cover part of the conservatory roof, which asblown off many times and still left part of the roof leaking. The builders cameround to keep securing the cover, till I got fed up with calling the agent.

Jumping forward to Jan 2012after numerous calls to the agent the LL his architect and builder came round,they all decided that the roof would need to be taken apart and put backtogether with new seals.

This looked like a big job inthe height of winter we agreed that it would be best if they did this inApr/May time hopefully with the chance of drier weather. We moved all thefurniture out of the conservatory into the adjacent room back in June ready forthem coming round to repair the roof.

Summer as been and gone andstill no work has been carried out, with promises from the LL after we havespoken many times on the phone that it would be done.

I emailed the agent 2 weeksago to find out what is going on, had a read receipt so I know that he’s readit, left it for a week still nothing back, I fired off another, he replied withthis, but with no time scale as to when.

“Hi Tim

I’m so sorry, the landlord has been desperately trying to get hold ofhis workman but has had no success.

I have now suggested we get our own people round to sort the problem outand he has agreed so I will get onto it straight away.”

I knowall this is not like a boiler or heating issue, but its drag on so long, it’smy hard earned money that I pay for something that’s not right. They even had the cheek to put up the rentback in May. I’m quite naïve with regardto where I stand. I’ve told them I wantthe rent reduce for the inconvenience of having two rooms out of commission andthey can carry out the roof repair next May when we leave, but I want the roofmade waterproof and the inside wall repaired soonest.

Anyadvice would be much appreciated. :-x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...