JW V Natwest - quick question

JohnWoody
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent off for all my statements with the £5 and they arrived within a week. Now I am just about to send me prelimary letter.

I have a current account and also have a overdraft.

I see on my statments alot of "unarranged borrowing fee" just to be sure can i claim for these back aswell as the paid referrals?

I have read through alot of stuff but can get confusing with so much info and i want to get it right.

Thanks

John,

Don't know if it helps but, I took the line that there are some charges NatWest can make, and some that they are taking the ........

We only claimed for unpaid item fees and referral charges on the basis that to claim for something unrefundable would upset the whole claim. We are at court date threat stage and if we win, I shall be more than happy that we were not greedy and claimed for everything and lost.

Good luck, it is a long road ahead but the advice on this site is brilliant.

Thanks for the reply.

I was only going to claim for the paid referrals until i seen the sticky about unarranged borrowing fee above so just wanted to clarify that I can claim it back but on a current account ?? ??? - i see alot of talk about advantage gold accounts.

1 more question :)

I'm a bit lost now so anyhelp is appreciated.

I see you can also claim back interest they have charged you for going overdrawn.

On my statements it comes up as 'interest' but the thing is i do have a overdraft set up so i presume its ok for them to charge me interest on that?????

Is there 2 types of interest?

The Advantage Gold thread also includes what you can claim regardless of that account. I called it that in response to a lot of threads which could not work out this specific charges as it was joined to together. At the top of page two I think is where I put what charges can be claimed including what they were for. I hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Can somebody help me please ?

Im just about to file my claim through moneyclaim - Am i best of doing it online or should i post it?

Also I cant find what to put in the brief particulars, it says refer to the library but I cant find it cos all my links have messed up :(

If i do it online where do i Include the charges spreadsheet ive incurred with the 8% interest?

Thanks in advance.

John

Send the charges analysis to the court with the relevant case reference number. Cannot do much about your access tot he library, though all the information you require is there.

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

hi John, you can't attach a schedule to moneyclaim.

You need to wait for the bank to acknowledge your claim, which must happen within 14 days of them being served with the claim (otherwise you can apply for judgement by default), and you will receive a copy of the acknowledgement from the court. This will give you a point of contact for the person handling the claim at the bank, who you can send the schedule to.

Hi,

I am just about to submit my claim via moneyclaim. I have sorted out my brief particulars but where do i send / attach my schedule of charges?

Apologies if this has already been covered

Thanks

John

If I where you once you get a claim number send the Court 2 copies of the schedule of charges one for the bank and one for D&G.

Thats what I did and I have just got settlement yesterday

Send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours Faithfully

When you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement send a copy to the bank’s solicitors.;)

If I where you once you get a claim number send the Court 2 copies of the schedule of charges one for the bank and one for D&G.

Thats what I did and I have just got settlement yesterday

Plonker it would only be DG if JW's claim is with HSBC.

Also there is no point sending 2 copies of the schedule to the court - I have asked them this on the phone - all they will do with them is place them on the courts file, they don't send it to the defendant. Therefore you have to do this yourself.