007coot

Halifax Loan PPI calculations with rebate and no mortgage info sent?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2460 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Sent a SAR to HBOS for mortgage details as I'm sure we had PPI and were forced to take their very expensive House Insurance in order to have mortgage accepted.

Today they sent me a copy of loan agreement and statement for a loan I took in 2001. Nice suprise and had forgotten alol about this one!

First question, which spreadsheet should I use as the loan hyas a small rebate halfway through so am unsure how to work out claim

Second question, the letter says this is ALL available info they hold and are required by law to send. The mortgage was joint so maybe that's why although saying that this loan they have so kindly told me about is joint also!

I also have a few bank accounts with them and 3 kids accounts in my name. No mention of these either but too be honest I'm not bothered about bank stuff as I have all statements anyway and it would probably need a truck to deliver that info! They don't know this though as I didn't say I didn't want it on SAR I said I wanted ALL DATA.

My mortgage would have started end of 99 or early 2000 and ended in mid 2003 but surely they still have some records?

Any suggestions and a point in direction of spreadsheet and how to work out calcs for loan would be very much appreciated. Thank very much in advance :-)

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Here's the statement, I'm confused because of rebate? it was 10.8% APR

Edited by 007coot
added apr

can we see the agreement too please

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38453[/ATTACH]

can we see the agreement too please

dx

Here it is dx,

not sure how I applied but I think it would have been telephone application and they sent me documents to sign.

I'm almost 100% sure because they charged me a £35 courier fee to receive the cheque by the looks of it?

I don't recall going into a Halifax branch for a loan.

Again at the time of this loan I was pregnant and off sick with pregnancy related problems (I'm not a good host for a baby :-( and spent a lot of time in hospital during my pregnancy).

I wouldn't have asked for or needed PPI unless told it was necessary.

My credit wasn't fantastic back then.

I'm assuming this will be hard to prove for telephone application?

wonder if they still have 11 year old telephone logs - Doubt it!

Thanks for your help :-)

Here's the T&C's too although not very clear

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38454[/ATTACH]

there is no tick box for PPI?

its was already filled in - yes?

dx

spreadsheets 

Hi dx, I think it was all done over the phone and then documents printed and sent for me to sign, I don't recall the conversation so don't know wether they told me it was compulsory, standard part of the loan, or wether I was told anything at all and just signed it because I thought it was part of the agreement that I couldn't amend/object to?.

Thanks

no way to read up , no mention in anything sent.

perfect reclaim - pre-selected.

dx

spreadsheets 

Thanks dx, I'm really confused on how to do spreadsheet though, The earlt settlement rebate is baffling me. It doesn't add up? not sure where to start working out calculations so do you think I should send FOS Q without spreadsheet and see what they come back with or is this easy to calculate myslef if I know how.

Thanks again for all your help :-)

373 / 2000 * 100 = 18.85%

18.65% of £118.84 = £22.40

if this is in:

This first spreadsheet is the latest version of the statutory interestlink3.gif calculator and is used for Single Premium PPIlink3.gif cases. It can also be used where rollover PPI is involved, i.e. a new loan re-financing a previous one and where PPI is included in one or more loans.

StatIntSheet v101.xls

for EVERY date you paid.

and then poss take the rebate off the total

dx

spreadsheets 

373 / 2000 * 100 = 18.85%

18.65% of £118.84 = £22.40

if this is in:

This first spreadsheet is the latest version of the statutory interestlink3.gif calculator and is used for Single Premium PPIlink3.gif cases. It can also be used where rollover PPI is involved, i.e. a new loan re-financing a previous one and where PPI is included in one or more loans.

StatIntSheet v101.xls

for EVERY date you paid.

and then poss take the rebate off the total

dx

Aha! thanks dx!

I am absolutely fuming!!! I sent in my claim on 23rd September. I wrote to them on 28th Nov reminding them they were a week overdue and giving them an extra 14 days. then yesterday I got a letter with a FOS Q attached telling mt to fill it out and send it back. I BLOODY SENT A FOS Q AND SOC WITH MY CLAIM!!!!!

I rang them and demaned to know why they had asked me to fill another form in and why they had sent me this 9 weeks after my complaint only to be told they haven't recevied anything from me until my letter dated 28th Nov. I provided tracking number and proof of delivery in that letter so they knew I had!

How can they sign for a complaint then claim they never recevied it??? What can i do about this I am fuming and I do not want to wait another 8 weeks. I have re-sent everything again (another lot of recorded delivery, wasted ink and paper!) but I am soooo mad I want to know what i can do. What's the point in paying extra for recorded if it means nothing? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

can anyone check a calculation for me please of 8% interest???

Just had an offer of refund of premiums £430.33 (my calculation was £445.54 so i am happy with that as it's very close).

They have only offered me £135.21 in 8% simple interest though and I worked it out to be more. The last payment was made on 6th May 2003 so I am making it £335.61 in interest from may 2003 - jan 2013. Have I got this wrong!

Any help gratefully appreciated thanks in advance x

yes

follow post 12

fill in the spreadsheet for EVERY payment you made

dx

spreadsheets 

Hi DX, I calculated this and sent it off: [ATTACH=CONFIG]40788[/ATTACH]

Although total offer seems wrong, the calculations of premium plus contractual interest seems ok. They offered me £430.33 for that so not too bad as only £15 out from what I made it. The 8% though that they offered is only £135.21 total payout: £565.54.

Even if I used the stat.int spreadie and put in the total they offered of £430.33 from when the loan was paid off on 6th may 2003 instead of adding it to every payment it still doesn't seem enough. I'd be happy for them to calculate it from last payment instead of from each payment, it's still seems too low though. Just want to check that their calculation is wrong before I challenge it because I'm worried it will delay or maybe even cancel my claim.

Thanks for your help :)

the above spready is correct

dx

spreadsheets