Mis-sold a used car which turned out to be a driving school car ! what are my rights on this

karan5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As mentioned in the title

i had purchased this car on 16/09/12 with my son.

The car is a fiesta 2009 1.6 tdci and all seemed well besides a few scratches to which the salesman knocked £200 off for.

All was well until today i took the car to my garage for a full valet

which was then i realised that there was a patch of carpet glued over a hole on the passenger side.

I then lifted the carpet and to my horror i had then seen holes for which dual controls would have gone.

I then also noticed a clean scratch free square shape on the roof where the learner sign would have been.

When purchasing the car i had asked the garage who owned the car and they said it was company vehicle hence the higher mileage

and on the logbook was the name of a company of which sells and hires cars.

I was NOT told it was a driving instructor car at the time.

I contacted the garage today and the seller has refused any wrong doing despite him admitting that he knew it was instructors

and didnt tell me and refuses to refund my money or even give some compensation:mad2::mad2:.

Please tell me what are my rights on this and how would i go about them?

Thank You

Soga

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

dunno if he's actually done anything wrong?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well, for a start dx, the car is a little dodgy. Holes in the floor, simply covered with carpet?

You are probably right, but its a good idea to get it checked out.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

ah yes , not filled the holes in, didn't get that bit...

nice guy, !!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This forum gets more silly by the day.

What is silly about some ones concerns? Isn't this what CAG is all about?. The only thing remotely silly is your comment.

Light travels faster than sound...............that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hi Guys i was hoping to find some answers here but i could only find the rights i had and not what i can do about them. Today i met with a friend who used to work for trading standards and he has got me in contact with an old colleague of his who is now looking into this. I will keep this thread updated for future reference for anybody else

Good luck. Just be warned, used car dealers can be very shady.

What is it exactly you think you will be claiming against/for?

Are you claiming he lied to you? (which, while he may have been economical with the truth, he doesn't seem to have done) Driving school cars sometimes are hired through major national companies and, as such, would have been recorded with the national company as the RK.

Or are you claiming an ex driving school car is some how inferior? This is often a midguided assumption as the are generally extremely well maintained and, should they be unfortunate enough to have a bump (which are 99% of the time non-fault), repaired to insurance industry standard as the 3rd party is frequently paying for the repair.

Which bit of the oft mentioned SOGA are you going to use on this little gem then?

H

Edited by Hammy1962

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Sorry Karan, but i don't think you will get anywhere with this. You bought a high/er milage car which you know was a company car. Tuition cars are not generally thrashed like some company cars (some of which have had many drivers). Perhaps a little more wear on clutch and box. Many people nowadays buy X leased cars and there is no way of knowing what sort of life the leasee gave the car. As previously stated, tuition cars generally, are well maintained as the school's cant afford breakdowns whilst working.

However, it may be possible to get seller to put right holes in floor. We always filled them up with bolts and large repair washers to hold in sealant.

Good luck.

Its not down to the dealer to tell you what the car had been used for its got nothing to do with him he is just selling a car. His only obligation is to not make false statements, such as 'one lady private owner'. He told you the vehicle had been comany owned if you didn't want a driving school car you should have asked before you bought it. If you went back and complained it was owned by an 'estate agent' would you expect him to do anything, why should a driving school be any different? Your only issue should be the holes in the floor and do they affect the car making it 'not fit for purpose'.

Hi

My concern is not too much about him selling me an instructor car but about how poor the repair to the floor is and i am not looking for my full money back as the car does seem to drive fine but i am only looking for compensation in order to repair the carpet back to a factory standard. Which part of the soga i will be using i dont know im leaving that to trading standards to decide they are now taking care of it

If you had specifically asked whether it had been a driving school car and was lied to then you would have some recourse.

Companies often have names on V5s which don't relate to what the car was used for. Provincial Securities used to be a name that Swan National hire cars were registered under.

We once sold a lovely white Mondeo ST, name on the V5 was Ford Motor Company, actual use was for a demonstration car for the Police, it even had the calibrated speedometer fitted.

There are plenty of cars out there registered to VW Financial Services which could be used by anyone for any purpose.