Does this seem right?

Gemini115
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am currently receiving ESA,I was awarded it in November 2011 until May 2013.I have now received another ESA50 form which they say has to be filled in and returned by the 14th October.Why are they sending me this when I still have 8 months left on the current award?I would be grateful for any thoughts on this please.

They can reassess at any time, whenever they choose and often do. The dates are purely a 'recommendation'. You've got away very lightly, most people I know have had assessments either every 3 or 6 months. Also, ESA50's get churned out 3 months before any assessment date so this is only 4 months earlier than the recommendation.

With all due respect abc123def I hardly think you can claim anyone gets off lightly with Atos.I was put in the support group and I know numerous people were awarded this for 2 years,it may only be 4 months early but I was unaware that they could change the recommendations if and when they pleased,there hardly seems much point in the recommendation in the first place if that is the case.

Gemini, I didn't mean you got off lightly with ATOS, I meant you got off lightly going so long between face to face assessments. Mine have been either 3 or 6 months, no idea what my latest recommendation is as I've been unable to find out so I wonder if the dreaded envelope may arrive every day already when I might actually be in a longer reprieve.

:'length' of employment and support allowance awards:

At the risk of upsetting :Gemini115:'s Member of Parliament awards of employment and support allowance aren't for set periods in the same way as awards of disability living allowance are. For employment and support allowance the Atosser recommends a period; six months, a year, in the longer term, whatever, before reassessment. They're only recommendations which can be, and often are, over-ridden by Jobcentreplus.

Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

Phones give me panic attacks and I rarely leave the house so have't been able to ask for it so far. I guess I could email jobcentreplus I had their email address somewhere. Mind you when I emailed them asking for something before, apart from the automated response saying they'd received my email they never replied or responded. Could try though.

:abc123def:

:nono: Jobcentreplus don't do electronic mail for claimant queries. Something to do with confidentiality issues. Either no news is good news or you're gonna have to ask someone to phone. Even subject access won't catch paper info that's still held at your local benefit delivery centre. In theory, there's snail mail, but it takes them forever to reply.

From one home educator to another, Margaret. :nod: