Barclay's/Mercantile Credit PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have provided Barclays with all the information I had with regard to a loan I had with Mercantile Credit including the loan number.

I now have a letter that they have not upheld my complaint because they cannot trace my loan or myself

I have subsequently spoken to Barclays insurance in Dublin who have confirmed I had PPI insurance linked to a Mercantile credit loan

and given me the start and end dates and the policy number.

Is it worth me asking them to reopen my case in light of this addtional information or am I wasting my time/Thanks

yes

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if there's proff of PPI thts all you need

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the PPI policy, which is after all what its all about.

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

I spoke to barclays yesterday who have upheld my complaint and are now calculating their offer. Can anyone help in helping me have an idea of what this might be so I can check their calculations when the offer arrives please

It was front loaded on a 7 year loan which started in sept 1997 and paid off in april 2004 the amount paid for ppi was £4227 and the interest on this and the loan was 12.9%

Can anyone do a rough calculation including the 8% please as imam not sure how to calculate

Any help much appreciated thanks

Ok, to give that APR on a PPI premium of the amount you have quoted then the PPI payment would be about £75 per month.

Take this spreadsheet

StatIntSheet v101.xls

List each payment you would have made starting in September 2007 and ending with the that payment in 2004. You should end up with a list of 72 payments of £75.

In the absence of statements you will have to estimate the payment dates but take the first of the month for the purpose of this exercise.

Make sure the "Claim To" date is set to today and the spreadsheet will work out the interest for you.

Ok, to give that APR on a PPI premium of the amount you have quoted then the PPI payment would be about £75 per month.

Take this spreadsheet

[ATTACH]39669[/ATTACH]

List each payment you would have made starting in September 2007 and ending with the that payment in 2004. You should end up with a list of 72 payments of £75.

In the absence of statements you will have to estimate the payment dates but take the first of the month for the purpose of this exercise.

Make sure the "Claim To" date is set to today and the spreadsheet will work out the interest for you.

Cheers looks like a potential 3 figure sum involved

• 4 weeks later...

All the hard work and keep taking on Barclays has paid off after two final responses saying they had no record of me I went back to them again with the same proof I had obtained from their own insurance people in Dublin

Today a cheque for a few £ short of £15k arrived

Thanks for the help

hey well done!!

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover itsexpenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

Hi I have an old loan dating back to 1995 which was paid off in 1999 there was ppi on this loan from mercantile credit f

I have no paperwork other than a copy of a bank statement showing the monthly repayment amunt, but no account number just says mercantile credit and then the amount

I have tried a few years ago to get ppi off Barclays but they say the account is too old and they don't have the paperwork, I'm sure if I owed them money from many years ago they would still chase me for it! And have it on record!

Any thoughts what I could do , my bank have no details either

Regards

All the hard work and keep taking on Barclays has paid off after two final responses saying they had no record of me I went back to them again with the same proof I had obtained from their own insurance people in Dublin

Today a cheque for a few £ short of £15k arrived

Thanks for the help

Hi do you have the insurance number in Dublin please

Many thanks

• 11 months later...

Hi there

I know this post was some time ago but just wondered if you had any success.

It sounds like I have had a similar problem.

I have recently made a claim for misold PPI by Mercantile Credit for a loan from 1998..

I contacted Barclays Partner Finance and completed the questionnaire they sent me.

I also included a copy of the original agreement which details the loan plus PPI.

Posted by registered mail 4 days ago.

Received a letter this morning to say that they will not be upholding my complaint

as they are unable to locate a loan account in my name,

however if I am able to provide a copy of my original policy/ credit agreement they may re open their investigation?!..

I have absolutely no doubt that the PPI was misold to me.

Looking for any advice on my response to this thanks very much

Hi there

I know this post was some time ago but just wondered if you had any success.

It sounds like I have had a similar problem.

I have recently made a claim for misold PPI by Mercantile Credit for a loan from 1998..

I contacted Barclays Partner Finance and completed the questionnaire they sent me.

I also included a copy of the original agreement which details the loan plus PPI.

Posted by registered mail 4 days ago.

Received a letter this morning to say that they will not be upholding my complaint

as they are unable to locate a loan account in my name,

however if I am able to provide a copy of my original policy/ credit agreement they may re open their investigation?!..

I have absolutely no doubt that the PPI was misold to me.

Looking for any advice on my response to this thanks very much

you need to start a new thread

you wont get seen here

this thread is from 2012

dx

and they