Final notice!!!?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

i would like to ask you for help in my case.

On 30 may 2011 i sold my car to the person i know and i gave him reg certificate to fill out and send to dvla.i trusted him:-( that he do it.

We sign together sale agreement with date 30.05.2011 and in this agreement is written that from the date of purchase of all penalties as speeding and parking penalties is responsible new buyer so its mean him.everything was signed by me and him with ouers details adresses nr id and tel nr.

On july 2011 i recive penalty fee ofwrong parking (60pounds) to pay.i pass him this letter and he sayd that he done it and he will pay this. After some times i recive another letter with the same ref nr (i dont remember but think it was 120 pounds).

Again i give it to him and i asked if he send that car documents to dvla.he said yes but he didn,t recive ansver from them yet.i started afraid and call to dvla and send them a letter that i sold my car to that person and after 2 weeks i get letter confirming that i'm not longer owner of this car datted on october 2011. One monts later i recive penatly notice from some company .

then reminders (each with bigger quote)tnen removal notice! In the day when i recived that notices i passed it to him and he ansured me that he call to that company and told them that it is his fould and hi wish to pay this penatly.

also he said that when bailiew contact me give him my tel nr,addres and show him salle agrimment.i done it but the bailiew said that i must pay this amount and only i'm responsible of it?today i get final notice for over 600pounds!!!

I visited him and asked what's going on.he speek by phone with that bailiew(i'm sure i hear all conwersation)and bailiew said that this is definitely 620pounds to pay.and that is final notice.he said that he wiil give this cause to cort because 620pounds is to much.

Please help me and adice what to do now.(i'm sorry for my english language but i stiil rearning it.im 36 years old and its difficulte for me but im trying)thank you for yours help wichu

Edited by citizenB
formatting

Ok, summary - it would seem that you have sold a vehicle and have received a parking fine which is now being pursued by bailiffs.

However the Parking offence happened after you sold the car.

I hope my summary is correct ?

Do you have proof of sale ?

I will try and find someone to help you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Excellent - I have alerted site team for you although it will most likely be later today that someone will look at your thread.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It would seem from what you have said you are liable for the penalty charge (if its a legal Council one?). When you get a PCN and you are no longer the keeper you are supposed to send it back stating you were not the keeper at the time, not give it to the new keeper to as it seems in this case to ignore. You would now have gone past all the legal stages to appeal and as you received the documents have no grounds to contest the charge.

The only option would be to contact the Council direct and ask for them to use common sense and cancel the ticket although they are not legally obliged to do so.

I might add if its not from the Council please give us more details.

I don't know from whom he recive that parking fine because i haven't that letters but he said that he been in london and parked opposite polish consulate.i check on webside and this is portland street.im not ignore this letters because when i recive the first reminder i contact dvla and informed them about this case and also i send them note where i describe that i sold that car to that person with his name and date of sale,and i told them about that fine and they send me back acknowledgment letter corfirms that i;m no longer rhe registered keeper of that vehicle date of this letter 19 12 2011.al on the date of purchase.also i send them copy of sale agrimment where is

The full amount was paid on the date of purchase.all responsibilities are passed to buyer.from now on he is responsible for any speeding or parking fines incurred from the date of the sale.then signature of me,signature of him,his addres and his driving licence nr.>this agreement is dated of 30 may 2011 and that parkin fine is on 2 months after sale.

i speek with him and he said that on friday he is going to his solicitor because he get this fine and he can pay for it but without any additional charges??? is he able to do something like this? i thing that no ! but he said don,t worry i do it ewerything will be ok. i;m worry because when bailiff visited my home yesterday he said that they climb or take MY NEW car AS COVER OF THIS FINE !!! CAN THEY DO IT??? ESPCIALY THAT THE BAILIFF SPEEK WITH HIM AND HE INFORMED THE BAILIEFF THAT ITS HIS FOULD OF THAT FINE .I CAN GET CONFIRMATINN AND HIS SIGNATURE OF THIS CASE.

Edited by wichu

Contacting the DVLA was a waste of time as they did not send you the penalty charge you should have sent it back to the Council as instructed on the letter. As suggested before contact the Council on Monday and explain the situation to them, it would also help if you could tell us what letters you received, they should have had 'notice to owner' and then 'charge certificate' written at the top.

Now i haven;t nothing with me .everything (now i know it was wrong) i passed to him. I try to get it back and i describe later exactly what is written on it. Also on monday as you said stright a way i contact council office end describe them ewerything .please tell me which council have i call if i dont catch him to look or get back that letters.i live in luton so when i go to the luton borough council it will be ok or have i call london councill?

Thank you for helping me:))

I think its most likely to be Westminster City Council

http://www.westminster.gov.uk/services/transportandstreets/parking/contact/

They should be able to look up the details if you provide the registration number of the car, you are really in a no win situation so offer to pay the fine minus the baliff fees they may accept if you are lucky, but try to get them to cancel it first.

• Confused 1