• Tweets

• not sure about 8, cpr is not compulsory to reply within 7 days cpr is a request, p'haps might be better to refer to the CCA request ...which you seem to have totally omitted..   I have had ****** Loans in the past - i would stick to financial dealings, this i nothing to do with loans.   generally it needs fluffing out a bit, a WS should not simple be a page pulled from a diary.   dx  
    • Fraudsters are using the details of firms we authorise to try to convince people that they work for a genuine, authorised firm. Find out more about this ‘clone firm’. View the full article
    • Hello   I wonder if someone might be able to clarify a problem for me.   I have an old problem raise its head again with cabot finance.   There were 2 bank debts that occurred at the same time that I was unaware off. My Ex wife continued to use a bank account and 2 the debts occurred.   I successfully defended a claim from cabot via MCOL regarding a SB debt 6 years ago. This debt had no previous recovery action on it and therefore SB defence was successful.   It looks like of their parent/sister company (Mortimer Clarke) company issued a CCJ for the other debt in 2011 but the court documents were sent to an address that I no longer lived at and had left 2 years previously so I was unaware of them until I checked my credit report and saw a CCJ on my file. The next time I checked back the CCJ was not showing. I did however manage to obtain a backdated report showing the CCJ recorded.   The CCJ is no longer on my file and no adverse information is showing.   I wrote to Cabot back in 2019 to say that I believed this debt to be statute barred and they wrote to say that as they had obtained a CCJ in 2011 that this was not the case.   The CCJ is no longer showing on my file and calculating that it would have dropped off around 2017 so is it in my interest to try and get this removed from old records? Is it a defence that the court proceedings were sent to an address that I had moved away from 2 years previously or would entering into any such action reignite the CCJ/debt.   I have looked at various comments on the Internet and from what I gather cabot may need to return and get permission to chase the debt ? Is this correct.   I no longer own any assets (other than a car) in the uk as  they are writing to my partners address as she still owns a property there.   Many thanks for reading my post, if anyone has any suggestions to point me in the right direction or confirm my thinking that they are just hoping that I will pay,it would be much appreciated.   do I just ignore them ?    Thanks Dave
    • Hi... well I was a idiot and got a log book loan from car cash point.... if only I knew how underhand and disgusting this company was I would never have done it.  They haven’t been very flexible considering it’s been a global pandemic and I’m a hairdresser so have been off 9 month more or less. So many things they have done must be illegal. They made a arrangement with me on the 20th December 2020 if I paid 300 and then my monthly 110 it would stop repossession, which I did, I had correspondence with them on the 11th say my full balance due on the 18th Feb was £1875.29 even though in earlier correspondence we had changed payment dates to 28th as that’s when I get paid . In the email on the 11th nothing is mentioned about a 3rd party or repossession. On 23rd Feb 2021 8”I get an alert through my insurance my car is moving, I’m in the house , nobody knocked nothing they took my car with all my possessions without the keys and didn’t let me know, if they had I would of been able to try get the funds. 2-3 days I have been arguing with them and the repossession company. They took my car over 40 mins away with my bankcard, shop keys everything in. I managed to borrow the 2000 pound as it had shot up to 2274.29 within days. I went to collect my vehicle yesterday which was another nightmare trying to tell me to wait another 24 hours which I wasn’t they had the money I wanted my car. On getting my vehicle on inspection they have damaged my car, it had a knock above the wheel arch I have proof of it before as I done it getting into work but they have took my paint work down to the metal.you can see it’s where they must of tied it to tow truck. I’m not letting this lie Everything they do is so corrupt me and my solicitor friend are going through everything with a fine tooth comb I’m going to ombudsman and I’ve also wrote to watchdog. I feel very strongly as this  company are nothing but criminals through legal loopholes. Has anyone had any similar experiences with this company and had damage to their vehicle? I think if enough people complain they will get investigated. I feel it was bully boy tactics as I said I would be able to pay hence the arrangement they made with me. 
    • We believe this firm has been providing financial services or products in the UK without our authorisation. Find out why to be especially wary of dealing with this unauthorised firm and how to protect yourself from scammers. View the full article
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3080 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hey again,

I can't figure out how they manage to get these photos, do they use a sensory camera that takes snapshots when movement is sensed, or is there someone watching on the other end the whole time!?

Anyway, Parking Eye sent a notice with pictures, can they identify who the driver is that way?

I'm happy to just ignore as I have done with other PPC in the past, but was just checking.

Okay, okay.

Can someone explain how the camera works then? It seems the cameras are at the entrance and exit of the car park. How does the system match the license plate of each incoming and outgoing car? Unless it's done manually?

Computers. Number plate recognition software. Like with speed cameras, or patrol cars which "know" whether your car has an MOT.

It senses movement either optically or by a pressure sensor on the ground and takes a photo. The computer deciphers the letters. When two number plates match, they have the relevant time in/time out data.

Is that what you meant?