style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey again,

I can't figure out how they manage to get these photos, do they use a sensory camera that takes snapshots when movement is sensed, or is there someone watching on the other end the whole time!?

Anyway, Parking Eye sent a notice with pictures, can they identify who the driver is that way?

I'm happy to just ignore as I have done with other PPC in the past, but was just checking.

Okay, okay.

Can someone explain how the camera works then? It seems the cameras are at the entrance and exit of the car park. How does the system match the license plate of each incoming and outgoing car? Unless it's done manually?

Computers. Number plate recognition software. Like with speed cameras, or patrol cars which "know" whether your car has an MOT.

It senses movement either optically or by a pressure sensor on the ground and takes a photo. The computer deciphers the letters. When two number plates match, they have the relevant time in/time out data.

Is that what you meant?