PPS parking ticket...using CCS Collect as debt collector

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i got a parking ticket from PPS recently - i was gone for 10 minutes to come back and find it - and i haven't really done much about it as i assumed PPS (Premier parking solutions) can't really enforce anything..please could you confirm that i can ignore this request for money from the debt collection agency they passed it onto ..CCS Collect. or if not...could you suggest the best letter i could send them - thanks for any help you can offer?

(click thumbnail for larger version)

th_176053147_debtagencyletterrePPSparkingfineblanked_122_4lo.jpg

UPDATE: apologies...i've just seen another thread saying basically there aren't letter that you can send that wouldn't needlessly prolong the inevitable..that it would come to nothing if i didn't pay..so ignore seems sensible.

PS you can remove this if you like but it might help someone.

Well according to them, this letter is one "final request" before they pass it back to their client. As their client cant litigate then this should be the last you hear from anyone.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You may however be interested in this.

Background

I am currently engaged in correspondence with the DVLA in respect of the wording used by PPS in a letter that was sent out to the registered keepers of a vehicle even though the driver had fully identified herself on receipt of the initial PCN that had been placed on the car.

That letter, by PPS was a demand for payment from the RK - at the time I thought it was a one off but I've now found out that it wasn't'.

However, in response to the initial complaint the DVLA said that it was only targeting the driver (utter poppycock) but following a challenge to that decision they have now accepted that it is indeed a demand for payment targeted at the RK (which as we all now know is a flogging offence that attracts a minimum 3 month suspension). This therefore is the followup letter that was sent to the DVLA on 10th September but as yet I've had no response.

If the letters that you received were similarly targeted at the RK you may wish to consider making your own complaint to the DVLA along similar lines to mine.

Dear (DVLA)

Thank you for your letter of the 7th September 2012 in which the DVLA now accepts that the letter that was sent to Ms xxxxx's parents was a request for payment unlawfully targeted at the registered keeper(s).

At the time that I submitted that complaint to you, I believed that it was a 'one off' letter.

Unfortunately it has since been brought to my attention that it is in fact a generic letter sent out by PPS to all registered keepers on receipt of the registered keeper data from the DVLA.

Furthermore, there is a second generic letter that PPS send out, again targeting the registered keeper for payment if the initial threats haven't produced a payment. I have attached copies of both letters for your information.

Copies of those letters are also available to view and download from Martin Lewis's website here (scroll down to Premier Parking Solutions)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2214803

Please advise me of the following:

a) that you have suspended PPS from accessing registered keeper data

b) on what date they were suspended

c) how many data releases have been made to PPS since you acknowledged that the target is the registered keeper and then suspending their access.

d) what sanctions the DVLA have imposed on the BPA for it's failure to monitor, audit and enforce compliance of this member.

Please answer the specific points a) - d) fully in reply. Like yourself, I am extremely busy and having to continually chase the DVLA for simple and accurate responses to specific questions asked is an unnecessary waste of your time and mine.

Regards

Nev Met

PS Why not get one or two of your staff to work through those template letters on Martin Lewis's website and weed out those that offend the DVLA - that would be a good thing to do don't you think?

• Haha 1