Shoplifting in Tesco - help please!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thats you. In major supermarkets, the same security guys, especially in sainsburys, asda and tesco, rarely stay for more than a few weeks at a time. They are normally contracted security staff from an agency asnd as such move around a lot. Couple this with tens of thousands of people moving through the store per week, and you get the idea.

Where I live, out of the 3 retailers you mention, only Sainsbury use contract guards. The others employ them directly.

It would be the main one for the area that tesco was located.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If you were going to be charged, you would have been taken to the police station. You do not have a criminal record, but the police will record the incident as they do with any activity. You were not read your rights & you didn't receive a caution if you didn't sign anything, & even then they would have taken you to the station.

You will worry about this for a month, I'm sorry for that, but that's how we learn. You will probably receive no correspondence from the police. The one benefit of dealing with the police is that it gets easier every time.

As for RLP, that's a nasty little number isn't it, a new one for me. From the the CAB's advice linked from this site, if you get any threatening letters, don't pay them. I received untold threatening letters at my address for the previous occupants debts for 10 years & never saw a dicky bird!

Tbh the police didnt want to persue anything it was the security guard who wanted to as much as he could so i am quite sure i will be getting an rlp letter.

I am just worried about my crb as i am currently applying for jobs in schools and do voluntary work.

I also have some faulty clothing to go back to tesco. how do i do that now??

I don't think the police would bother with a crime report and number, if there was no case to answer. I would also expect RLP to be in touch.

I don't think this is right. The police will often provide a crime number without any investigation - for example where a loss is reported and a crime number is requested for insurance.

If the police thought that there was a case, they'd have made an arrest, carried out an investigation, and brought a charge, which would then go to CPS for consideration of prosecution.

In this case, the police have seen the matter for what it is - an innocent mistake blown out of proportion by an over-zealous security guard. OP may hear from RLP, since they don't care whether any crime has actually been committed, but we can deal with that if it happens.

I am not sure why you are seeking to scare OP unnecessarily - perhaps because you are a security guard?

I think I am gong to give the police a ring this morning and find out exactly what is against me. There seems to be some conflicting advice on here and I need to know in my own mind what I am facing. I know for sure I am barred from Tesco's and petrol stations but everything else passed in a blur. The one police officer had to return to his car to get a form and they told me numerous times what it was but I can't think for the life of me now what it was called.

Surely the police will be able to tell me over the phone?

Thank you so much for your input and advice guys, I am not knocking it!!!

The pklice would advise. Normally that form is just a record of where they were. If the police said they wont take it further, then nothing has happened.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D