• Tweets

• Quick update. I've now recieved a letter before action from them with a form to return enclosed, still no credit agreement however. I assume just a case of following the other thread and returning form with no CCA as the reason?
    • Thanks for coming back and letting us know. Obviously we totally disagree with their decision.  Their remortgaging could only have gone wrong if they had ended up with a CCJ.  And how do you get a CCJ?  If you lose in court and then defy the court and don't pay.  Even if you lose in court, you don't get a CCJ as long as you pay within the 30 days ordered by the court.  Even had they lost in court the judge would have disallowed the interest and the £70 Unicorn Food Tax that PE made up.  There was no advantage whatsoever for giving in and paying now. But thanks to you for letting us know - a hell of a lot of users don't.
    • Hi everyone.   Before I say anything, TFL finally responded to the email I sent last week:   Thank you for your email, we acknowledge the signed documents you have returned in preparation for your hearing.   We note that this matter is causing you some stress and anxiety, however this is not a reason for TfL to discontinue proceedings. It is not unusual for passengers that have been summonsed to court to experience these symptoms, and we do have some empathy with your concerns.   However, as previously stated, TfL do not accept out of court settlements, and you will have the opportunity at your hearing, to provide your mitigation to the court prior to a decision being reached by them on how they intend to deal with this matter (usually a fine).   I am sorry that this decision is not more favourable.   Yours sincerely   James Vallis     At least he sounds more sympathetic in this email…   Only one week to go until the court hearing and I am so so nervous. I’ve prepared some questions and answers in preparation for what to say to the magistrate. It will help calm me down if I know roughly what to expect. If you could give feedback on it that would be great. If you have anything to add please do let me know.   As far as I know the court hearing will happen in these stages: Introduction and statement of facts Pleading guilty for the journeys I made with my mother’s card Penalty sentencing Appeal (if charged with a criminal record)   Am I guilty? Yes.   Why did I not pay the fare legally? Last year there was a lot going on in my life and I was struggling financially so to relieve some of this I used my mother’s Oyster card. I know it’s not an excuse and it’s still wrong.   Why do I not accept a criminal record? I really don’t want it to affect my chances of finding a job in the future. I will be the one earning money in my family so I am doing my best and studying hard to be able to get a good job. A criminal record would mean that regardless of how hard I’m working I won’t get the job I want after I graduate. This fills me with so much regret, sadness and disappointment in myself. I just want to be a good daughter for my mother because she’s already had to deal with many hardships in her life and I don’t want to make it any harder for her.
    • HI all, This is done now. My daughter and her fella are currently in the process of remortgaging so they just paid it out of panic. Thank you anyway DX
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

QuickQuid!!! Please help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had some trouble repaying 1000 back to QuickQuid and so i contacted them after having to extend the loan twice, and paying 200 finance charge each time i extended, and they said they would otake me into a repayment plan over three months at 333 which at the time i accepted cos it was less than 1000.

The first installment is due on 28th September 2012,in which i will be paid from work but i just cant afford to pay 333 as i owe 265 to wonga also. I have deleted the direct debit to them and checked my bank account to check if they have ever re-instated the DD which they havent up to now

Once i deleted the DD i received an email saying my DD had been cancelled and I need to contact them as a payment method is required and if i wanted to pay by Automatic Card Payment rather than DD then they need me to authorise that and give them my card details. i just ignored the email..

Not long ago, I spoke via LiveChat on QQ website, and they told me they cant accept a lower repayment as im already entered into one, and to call their collections department on the 29th as the loan will be in default.

Can they still take the money from my bank even though theres no DD and i havent given them any authorisation? The reason i ask is because if they do, it means i will be unable to pay my council tax direct debit which is meant to leave my account on monday 1st october.

You need to tell your bank to block all payments to them and cancel the CPA on your account. A DD can be reinstated anytime by the creditor unless the creditor cancels it.

You MUST do this in writing and hand it in to your nearest branch. get them to photocopy it and stamp the photocopy as a receipt.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?336569-How-to-remove-a-lender-s-continuous-payment-authority

Its a bank thing that the lenders use to exploit and get money from you. Its not well known so most people dont know how to stop it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

As soon as you give the instruction, if any money is taken out, they must, by law, put it back.

How about this?

I am writing regarding the above account, to request with immediate effect to remove the Continuous Payment Authorisation (CPA) between QuickQuid and myself. .This instruction began on 20th September 2012 and no further payments should be sent to QuickQuid

Theres an example in the thread that i linked. Have a good read of it, because most banks will try and tell you no. However, they are breaking the law if they do say that. You need to be prepared to fight them if necessary which is why i advise reading that thread.

Just dont give in, because as i said, some bank clerks/managers will stand there and swear blind they are right. Even though you have a copy of what the law says in your hands.

All you need to do really is to get a stamped photocopy of the instruction as a receipt. Then if they let the money out, they have to put it back or theyre in big trouble.

Stay there till they do. You'll have the law in your hands in regards to the FSA leaflet. Dont let the bank tell you no, because they are breaking the law if they do.

I am writingreguarding the above account to request, with immediate effect, to remove theContinuous Payment Authorisation (CPA ) with QuickQuid in accordance with Regulation 55 of The Payment Services Regulations2009 as I do not consent, orauthorise any further payments from today onwards to Quickquid.

Better??

Ok so i went to Halifax this morning, got there 9.30am spoke to a Bank Manager called Baz.

Informed him that i wanted to remove the CPA from QuickQuid to my account when he told me that you can only do it from the creditor side, and not the bank side. In which i produced the fsa and had highlighted the relevant areas... he took a minute to read it, and couldnt say much afterwards since he couldnt fob me off as i had done the research.

He advised me that from his side, he can only cancel my card where quickquid take the payment from, and replace it with a new card which will arrive in 5 working days and so quickquid will not be able to take any money from me.

I then produced my letter of Instruction. This is what i wrote,

' I am writing reguarding the above account to Instruct Halifax, with immediate effect, to remove the Continuous Payment Authorisations (CPA) with Quickquid in accordance with Regulation 55 of the Payment Servicees 2009 as i do not consent to, or authorise any further payments from today onwards to QuickQuid.

With reference to the FSA FOS OFT( obv i wrote them out fully ) and the Citizens advice buerau, should Halifax fail to adhere to my instructiono, Halifax would be breaking the law and i will make a formal complain and withdraw my custom.

Yours Faithfully,'

This Baz dude took my letter, and i kept the other and he stamped both letters, signed and out his name and id number on there too...

how did i do?

You did perfect.

From this moment on, should they allow ANY money to come out to those muppets, you are guaranteed a full refund of all money, and any bank charges incurred.

Good job on standing your ground.

Thankyou.

Im glad i got that manager. It seems that he had been the manager for some years as he knew what i was on about straight away lol cos when i was chatting i used CPA instead of continuous payment authority and FSA etc... and since he read the FSA booklet, he couldnt say much cos he knows im in the right lol. He told me hes sending the letter to their proccessing unit so i will get an answer from Halifax anyway.

In terms of QQ, i will wait til my loan defaults on 29th September. I shall then send a letter, via recorded delivery or special to arrive on 30th, to QQ offering a repayment that i can afford. The way i see it, i dont think they can do anything if i make regular payments, no matter how small. I heard that if im making regular payments to them, the debt collectors wont bother taking the case from QuickQuid, dont know if its right, but Whether they accept it or not, i will just send them postal orders for 50 a month until its paid obviously keeping proof of everything, i will even photocopy the postal order just in case because you cant be too sure.

Renegade Thankyou so much for the advice. I wouldnt have known about anything if you hadnt have informed me. I feel relieved in a way but will feel much more relieved when i get my new card.

Abby xxx

make sure the CPA is cancelled as well. PDL's are very very sneaky to get that attached to the account, as many bank staff are unaware of it, as are a lot of account holders.

All you need to do is give them the instruction to cancel/block any payments to the creditor and merchants, and also to cancel the CPA's attached to your account. Take it to your nearest branch and get the manager there to photocopy it, then sign and stamp both copies. They keep the original, you keep the copy. Then if any money comes out of your account to them, the bank MUST, by law, put the money back into the account and refund any charges accrued on your account.

Hi abby,

Quickquid is not using CPA anyway...

I have several suggestions:

1) I do not know if the Wonga payment due is a full repayment or already a payment plan. If full, arrange a repayment plan with Wonga as well (they do up to over 18 months).

2) Quickquid will add 12 GBP to your account, but otherwise will stay quite calm. I would move the payment plan out therefore (i.e. start repaying one month later than agreed). Once you did then 2 of the 3 instalments they will agree to repay the last instalment in six further instalments

24/7 Moneybox: 195.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

British Pearl/Spondoolies: 752.10 - Oustanding: 0.00

Cash on go/Peachy: 206.30 - Oustanding: 0.00

EarlyPayday: 325.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

Lending Stream: 1398.46 - Oustanding: 0.00

MicroLend: 780.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

Minicredit: 520.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

MonthEndMoney/PaydayUK: 937.50 - Oustanding: 0.00

MrLender: 715.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

Pounds2Pocket: 2328.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

QuickQuid: 1800.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

SafeLoans: 450.50 - Oustanding: 0.00