REMOVAL of Experian default by VodaFone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have phoned on several occasion regarding removal of a default from Experian.

I had an account with vodofone at my previous address which was kept up to date to my knowledge,

i have currently aplied for a extended mortagage which i have been denied d

ue to this default which was brought to my attention for the first time.

I have paid this off imdeatley as soon as i was made aware.

VODAFONE assured me that this would be cleared from Experian and i would no long appear on that site as a default or be on experian at all, however this has not been the case.

I have once again chased Vodaphone and they have said to contact yourselves in order to do this.

I would apericate it if you could attend to his as a matter for urgency as i have been trying to get this resolved for 2 months now.

Kind regards

Isobel Lloyd

Hi welcome to CAG, I think you may be under some mistaken idea that CAG can remove the default entry this is a self help consumer forum.

You must contact the data controller at Vodafone to chase up the removal of the default entry.

Are you sure Vodafone suggested you contact us???

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Theres no point asking us to do it. However, we do have a very good vodafone rep on here called Lee. Perhaps it might be a good idea to get him involved?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

moved to the telecom forum so lee sees it.

are you sure they said they'd remove the default?

or did they say they'd mark the debt as satisfied, now the bal has been paid?

dx

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I can't understand the '' contact yourselves to do this'' statement please clarify.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

i think you guess right - prob read a LEE thread on google?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Isobel, have a read of the following and contact the vodafone web relations team as advised below.

Hi CAGGetInline.aspx?messageid=f2014fe5-3163-11e1-bce5-00237de3a212&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&imgsrc=cid:image001.gif%4001CCC570.9FEE10D0&shared=1&hm__login=martinjk999&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.15.184.8&d=d1594&mf=32&hm__ts=Wed%2c%2018%20Jan%202012%2002:43:16%20GMT&st=martinjk999&hm__ha=01_b0fa07515ff963550b7d61c68955e3c3def29930b720d1c88a5e6174fa36ef9e&oneredir=1 members,

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAGGetInline.aspx?messageid=f2014fe5-3163-11e1-bce5-00237de3a212&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&imgsrc=cid:image001.gif%4001CCC570.9FEE10D0&shared=1&hm__login=martinjk999&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.15.184.8&d=d1594&mf=32&hm__ts=Wed%2c%2018%20Jan%202012%2002:43:16%20GMT&st=martinjk999&hm__ha=01_b0fa07515ff963550b7d61c68955e3c3def29930b720d1c88a5e6174fa36ef9e&oneredir=1 is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at [email protected] ne.co.uk (no spaces) quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line to ensure that it reaches the Web Relations Team.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have phoned on several occasion regarding removal of a default from Experian.

I had an account with vodofone at my previous address which was kept up to date to my knowledge,

i have currently aplied for a extended mortagage which i have been denied d

ue to this default which was brought to my attention for the first time.

I have paid this off imdeatley as soon as i was made aware.

VODAFONE assured me that this would be cleared from Experian and i would no long appear on that site as a default or be on experian at all, however this has not been the case.

I have once again chased Vodaphone and they have said to contact yourselves in order to do this.

I would apericate it if you could attend to his as a matter for urgency as i have been trying to get this resolved for 2 months now.

Kind regards

Isobel Lloyd

Hi Isobel,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

To enable me to get them looked into further could you email me with the relevant details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

I can't understand the '' contact yourselves to do this'' statement please clarify.

Hi Brig,

I think that the OP's post may be an extract from correspondence sent to Experian.

Kind regards to you both.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lee

I've seen your replies on here and I wondered if you might be ale to help me with a query...

Last Wednesday (10 oct) Vodafone agreed to remove a default from my credit report and said it would show up as removed within 48 hours. It still hasn't been updated and Vodafone have now advised that it can take up to 7-10 days. I am desperate for it to be updated as it's affected me applying for a mortgage and I cannot proceed any further until it's removed from my credit file. Is there anything I can do to ensureit's done as soon as possible? Also, how often do Vodafone update the credit agencies?

Thanks so much in advance.

Best wishes

Nicola Edwards

No worries Brig.

Fingers crossed that the OP comes back to the thread soon.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi nikkimarie, Lee will pick up on this as soon as possible.

You should be aware that removal of any default entry from credit files may not drastically improve your ability to get credit, lenders look at increasingly longer periods of good++ credit management.

• Haha 1

Hi Lee

I've seen your replies on here and I wondered if you might be ale to help me with a query...

Last Wednesday (10 oct) Vodafone agreed to remove a default from my credit report and said it would show up as removed within 48 hours. It still hasn't been updated and Vodafone have now advised that it can take up to 7-10 days. I am desperate for it to be updated as it's affected me applying for a mortgage and I cannot proceed any further until it's removed from my credit file. Is there anything I can do to ensureit's done as soon as possible? Also, how often do Vodafone update the credit agencies?

Best wishes

Nicola Edwards

i would start your own thread

dx

and they

Great, thank you!

Hi nikkimarie, Lee will pick up on this as soon as possible.

You should be aware that removal of any default entry from credit files may not drastically improve your ability to get credit, lenders look at increasingly longer periods of good++ credit management.

Hi Lee

Best wishes

Nicola Edwards

Hi Nicola,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

To enable me to get matters looked into could you email me with the relevant details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK