MotorMile Contacting Work 5-10 times daily..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, MotorMile now "own" a debt from WagedayAdvance have been contacting my work every single day 5-10 times a day leaving messages, threatening bailiffs to visit.

Doesn't scare/bother me in the slightest but Ive just contacted them and got into a huge argument with one of the staff members asking them to stop calling my work and harassing me while trying to force me to pay a non priority debt.

I booked 2 weeks holiday off from work to enjoy with my family and received them while i was away.

Now hes basically saying if i can afford a "holiday" i can afford to pay my debts and a doorstep bailiff will be visiting anytime soon.

Leading to more arguments, saying i don't allow a bailiff round etc etc and then just told me to grow up and stop being a loser and pay my debts.

Then hung up the phone.

Is there any reason i should pay the debt if i'm getting continuous harassment and told to grow up? then hung up on.

What would you suggest i do? ill be honest Ive ignored the debt as its not priority and i have more worrying matters on my hand but just getting back to work today and being took aside by my manager about all these voice mails being left on the company phone has left me feeling crappy and embarrassed to be honest.

Normally i would advise the telephone harassment letter, but i think since they are calling work you need to make an official complaint. Also, if you call them again, make sure you record the call, then send it to the OFT. As you have seen, they will act like children and say and do anything and everything to bully you.

If they do not stop calling after your official complaint to them and the OFT, then you must contact OFCOM, and also have a word with your manager in work about the calls. SHow him the communication that you are sending them and also the official complaint to the OFT so they know its genuine and you are in discussions with the governmental authorities.

If they still do not stop, get your boss to contact OFCOM as well, then consider issuing them a LBA. If they Still keep calling, take it through MCOL.

One thing you must do is get the time and date of each call logged, and if possible get it signed by your manager as proof it happened. If you can, record all calls as well.

One creditor was in the news a few months ago, and got heavily fined and the debtors debt completely wiped due to the extreme harassment the debtor was suffering.

Do not ignore these calls, make sure you complain. If you dont, they will think you have your head int he sand, and they will carry on regardless. You need to show them that you wont back down.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D