• Tweets

• “If Trump’s stock in Truth Social, his company, drops any lower, he might do better under my tax plan than his.” — President Biden, while pitching his plan for higher taxes on the rich in Scranton, Pennsylvania LOL   Does seem that way HB - all the little trumpies throwing their money away while 'larger players' milk them by 'shorting it seems     I'm waiting for it to drop below $20 before investing ... .. some more chortles  
    • Clyde Valley Housing Association have received the following reprimand because of an infringement that occurred in July 2022 when they released a new customer portal. This portal included personal data of data subjects and residents found they were able to view personal information such as names and addresses about other residents. A resident reported this to Clyde Valley Housing Association, however this concern was not escalated appropriately which led to data remaining viewable on the portal for a further 5 days until further residents reported the issue and Clyde Valley Housing Association suspended the portal.View the full article
    • It's mostly small investors, isn't it, TJ? I don't think Wall Street and institutions have bought into Truth Social. Much like US banks don't want to lend to him, I'm reading.
    • Looking on their website I would of thought that a Life interest trust would of been set up, and they state:   "A life interest trust  (also known as possession trusts or interest in possession trusts) be used for preserving assets for the next generation whilst providing a benefit for the current generation. For example, if your home is placed into a life interest trust, then the person with this interest can continue to live there until their death. The house would then be distributed in line with your Will." & A trust can be created in your lifetime, which is to take immediate effect (often referred to as a “lifetime settlement”), or it can be created on death through your Will (known as a “Will Trust”).
    • “If Trump’s stock in Truth Social, his company, drops any lower, he might do better under my tax plan than his.” — President Biden, while pitching his plan for higher taxes on the rich in Scranton, Pennsylvania   LOL Hit $26 and likely temporarily bounced back a bit to 27 dollars - from $78 - still a good return on MHA (malodorous hot air)   Wonder whos making the money off this ponzi looking scheme share price colapse?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

GE Money REposession hearing

jh35
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help. i have been to court this morning, the hearing has been adjourned for 3 weeks. The story so far.

I have a loan from November 2007 and matures in November 2012. I have arrears to the sum of £3000. The initial loan was for £5500, i have currently repayed £7685 and the original amount including interest if i hadnt got in arrears is £7937.

Now, i have got the FOS involved in July 2012 as i have over £2500 in charges, administration fee, direct debit recall fee, solictors fees, default fee's. I called them today and they havent received paperwork, i am sending this again today. Ok what the DC has decided today is to adjourn for 3 weeks, and i have to put a full witness statement to them with 7 days.

Firstly. do i have a claim with the dis proportinate charges and interest.

Secondly how do i do a full witness statement.

Can someone please help?

Is this the first stage repossession hearing ? are you able to make any payments at all towards the account?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Did you send the paperwork to the FOS by recorded or special delivery so they have to sign for it?

What is the outstanding balance on the account ?

Were you in court today defending an eviction warrant ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

was in court they have adjourned, so no order as yet, i have to submit full witnesss statement, how do i do that?

Yes, I understand that - but what were you in court for? did GE issue an eviction warrant? was it a restored repossession hearing?

You'll have to give quite a bit more information before we can help you with the witness statement.

Ok, i was asked to goto court in May this year, GE money stopped the hearing with a view to restoring it, which they did, It was a reposession hearing, i have disputed all the arrears as these are all the admin fee's etc. So he has adjourned they hearing for a further 3 weeks, and i have to get a full witness statement to them in 7 days time.

Ok, i was asked to goto court in May this year, GE money stopped the hearing with a view to restoring it, which they did, It was a reposession hearing, i have disputed all the arrears as these are all the admin fee's etc. So he has adjourned they hearing for a further 3 weeks, and i have to get a full witness statement to them in 7 days time.

OK I understand now. Why did they cancel the hearing in May?

When you say the arrears are made up of fees etc do you mean there are no missed payments on the account?

OK I understand now. Why did they cancel the hearing in May?

When you say the arrears are made up of fees etc do you mean there are no missed payments on the account?

Ok i have various levels of arrears since 2008, however cleared them, and of december 2011 there was no arrears, i got into a financial mess at the beginning of the year, i have made no payments this year, so the arrears stand at £2144.46. total to repay £ 3237.50

Loan £5500

Total to repay loan £7937.40 ( If all payments had been made on time )

Paid £7684.56

Charges total £2553.98

Interest charged on account £2487.75

OK, I can help you with a witness statement, but in order to do so I need the following information:

1. Is the mortgage in your name only?

2. Are there any children living in the property?

3.How much are the monthly payments on the loan?

4. Do you have a statement showing how much you've paid and the charges applied to the account?

5. Are you in employment?

6. What caused you to miss payments from the start of this year ?

7. Did you send the documents to the FOS by recorded delivery? if so have you printed off the signature receipt ?

OK, I can help you with a witness statement, but in order to do so I need the following information:

1. Is the mortgage in your name only? Yes its a second mortgage

2. Are there any children living in the property? i have my daughter who is 19 ( mental illness) Father who is poorly

3.How much are the monthly payments on the loan? They want £341.09 starting September still wont clear they actual loan

4. Do you have a statement showing how much you've paid and the charges applied to the account? yes i do

5. Are you in employment? Yes Full time

6. What caused you to miss payments from the start of this year ? Financial problems

7. Did you send the documents to the FOS by recorded delivery? if so have you printed off the signature receipt ?

I didnt, but they are being resent today by recorded delivery

6. What caused you to miss payments from the start of this year ? - Financial problems - you'll have to be a bit more specific than that for the judge

Have you done a budget sheet? you'll need to send one in with the Witness statement so the judge can see what you are able to afford. I have affixed the one we normally use in these cases - it calculates automatically as you fill it in. Let me know when you've completed it and I can start work on the witness statement.

Make sure you keep a copy of the letter and documents you are sending to the fos - also keep the recorded delivery postal receipt in a safe place so you can check on the royalmail website in a few days to print of the signed for receipt - it is very important you do this so you can prove that you have sent it and they have received it - you will also need the copies to go with the witness statement.

OK, do you have any proof of being off work? anything to show you were in hospital?

Anything that proves you were ill for a period of time and didn't get paid would be very useful.

OK, catch up with you later

Hi Elll-enn, I have further read my notes from my court hearing, and what the judge is requesting that i expalin why i think the arrears should be lower on what GE are stating, any advice please?