BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi I’m new here so not sure if I’m posting in the right place!  Long story short I separated from my now ex husband 2 years ago he ran of and did the dirty after 20 years marriage 3 children and left me with a load of debt unfortunately all in my name £33,000 in total now being a single parent and only being able to work part time as my youngest has special needs  my income really is mainly from benefits  he receives dla high rate and full mobility because of his medical needs. Its a very big struggle especially trying to pay everything run a home and 3 children  going without all the time  added stress with debt collectors and now bailiffs for council tax, shop direct account and a parking fine hadn’t realised mobility badge had expired!  I’ve read loads of advice on here  and am considering filing bankruptcy  my question is can these bailiff debts be included in a bankruptcy or can they still chase me for the money.  I just can’t see a way out at all what I owe will take me years and years to pay back  life is so stressful 😢 thank you in advance for any advice given. sorry it’s a little long winded!   
    • Hello  Sorry if I’m posting in the wrong place. I got a bus lane fine that dates back to over 12 months ago however, I didn’t receive the original fine from the council. This is because I moved address and the DVLA didn’t update my address when I changed my log book. This has caused me other issues for example, I got a fine for not taxing my car. So I got the year old fine through the door which has now been passed to Jacobs and it’s now £180. I called them to advise it’s the first I heard of it but I will pay it in instalments. They bates something like £58 a month and I said I checked my outgoings and I can afford £37. They declined this so I said I’ll pay £37 every month anyhow. To date I have made 2 payments of £37 and was due to make another on Friday on payday. I’ve come home to a letter hand delivered saying removal within 24 hours and the balance is £336! I called Jacobs and they said although I’m making payments , they didn’t agree to the payment plan. I rang the guy that delivered the note and asked him if he’s going to break in and he said he didn’t say that.  The way I envisaged it going was to a judge and a judge would see it as unfair that I didn’t get the original £30 fine, I’m paying what I can afford. From what I’ve read they can’t force entry. I just don’t want to keep paying £37 and then the £336 keeps rising.  My friend has suggested that I pay off what is left of the £180 and speak to the council to see if they can ask Jacobs to back off now. Please help 
    • Also if anyone is interested, I originally applied for the loan via Ocean Finance, I chased them today for a copy of my original application form as I believe there may be discrepancies that I want to check. Please see the reply from Ocean Finance below. It seems that my documents and data are lost, the name Ocean Finance still exists so I have asked for details of their compliance officer      "Thank you for your email. You have requested information relating to a loan that we believe you had previously taken through Ocean Finance and Mortgages Limited.   Unfortunately we are unable to assist you further with your request as Intelligent Lending Limited (company number 04291279) which trades under the name Ocean and Ocean Finance, is a separate company to Ocean Finance and Mortgages Limited (company number 04892540).    Please be advised that in August 2012 Intelligent Lending Limited purchased the Ocean Finance brand from Ocean Finance and Mortgages Limited.  If you therefore took out your loan before this date it would have been through Ocean Finance and Mortgages Limited (company number 04892540) and not Intelligent Lending Limited.    Ocean Finance and Mortgages Limited has however ceased trading on 16th August 2016.    
    • Sorry, forgot to attach the PDF letter. Here it is:Notice to Instruct Solicitors_27JAN2020.pdf    
    • Hi CAG,   New correspondence received:  Notice of Intention to Instruct Solicitors.   I have attached the correspondence in PDF.  The letter is from TNC Collections.   They want payment in 7 days or they will instigate immediate legal proceedings against me.   Is this one last attempt at scare tactics?  Any response or action required by me at this stage?   Thanks
  • Our picks

EDDT1

Mortgage Advice - I have no idea what to do.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2685 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Overview

House Bought: September 2010

Price: £116,500

Deposit: 15%

Mortgage: 2 Year Santander Variable 4.74% 35 years.

Further Details: For the last 12 months I have over paid £250 a month which has taken the term down to 15 years and 3 months. The mortgage is in my name and I have no other debt.

So my mortgage is now due for renewal and being brutally honest I don't really know where to start. Santander have put me on to a standard variable rate which is 4.24%, they have told me that this would be a rolling contract.

I had a mortgage advisor when I originally took the mortgage out but I'm not going to be using him again as he shafted me with some fees. Should I try another?

Ideally I'd like a similar deal to what I have with Santander, fairly low repayments with the option of over paying. Would people agree that is the best option?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edd

Talk to Santander. They will have several options. All mortgage brokers charge fees. Any independent broker will be able to advise you.

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!