Tesco sold me Baby Food past its Use By Date

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I went into Tesco yesterday and purchased a 6 pack of Ella's kitchen Fromage frais for my little girl who is 7 months.

This morning i went to open them and thank god i looked at the packaging again as it said the use by date was the 16/9/2012.

I purchased them yesterday at 12.14 so they were 2 days past this then.

I feel sick given its dairy and how little my young one is, if i hadnt of noticed i could have made her very ill. :mad2:

The store is 11 miles away and i dont have the car so have made contact by email and sent them pictures of the item as well as my reciept. But cannot help but think should i do something else this is after all baby food.

Any advice welcome x

Hi and welcome to CAG!

I would wait for the £10 voucher from Tesco's and move on with life. Although every effort is made by these companies to rotate stock, sometimes a mistake is made. Have you never eaten a slice of bread with yesterdays date on, forgot the chops had a date of 2 days ago.

The dates are merely an indication by law when an item should be used by. I agree that diary would scare me, but I doubt it would have caused any major problems.

What I can't understand is why the End date can't be on the barcode, so if any item wast past due, it would beep at the till.

Give the little one a nice cuddle and spend the voucher on her.

JOgs

• 2 weeks later...