Vanquis harassing me even though i am on a payment plan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Well to cut a long story short i took out a Vanquis card around 18 months ago whilst i was in full time employment, to build up my credit history as i was 23 and hadn't previously had any history.

Unfortunately last year i was diagnosed with a chronic illness and had to leave my job, since then i have had to live on ESA benefits for my poor health. I advised Vanquis of this straight away and last year i set up a payment plan with them. However even though i am paying this every 2 weeks by standing order they are still adding charges and interest on top, and constantly calling me several times a day even though i have told them not to.

I don't see the point in paying it any more as with every little bit i pay, charges and interest are being added on and i am being put into even more debt so it is not making a difference. I have sent them proof of illness and my income, and yet they are still making the situation even worse.

Finding this all very stressful and i don't need it when i'm poorly, i have been paying all i can with the repayment plan and can't do any more.

My questions are;

- Are they allowed to do this and if not how can i get the charges removed/reclaimed?

- Where can i go for advice, and what would you do in this situation?

Many thanks your help is much appreciated.

Hi there. Do this:

write a letter:

Dear nasty people,

I deem your calls to be harassment and should you make a further call to me regarding this account xxxxxxx I will make a claim for damages persuant to the protection from harassment act 1997. All calls are logged and recorded

Yours sincerely.

If they call one more time, start a claim using MCOL.

Keep a notebook by the phone and log all calls making a note of the time, what was said etc or better still, use a device like an ipod touch or smart phone to record the calls.

see my thread....

Hi there. Do this:

write a letter:

If they call one more time, start a claim using MCOL.

Keep a notebook by the phone and log all calls making a note of the time, what was said etc or better still, use a device like an ipod touch or smart phone to record the calls.

see my thread....

Thank you, i will do. better still i may just change my number, see how they like that!!