Parking Fine - Disabled space removed after I challenged it - Form of Charge from SOs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again everyone I started a thread a few weeks ago about SOs visiting but I wasn't in. Anyway today they came back and I have recieved a Form of Charge For Payment of Money.

Last January I recieved a parking ticket for parking in a disabled bay I do not have a blue badge but I did know the gentleman who the disabled space was put in for, I lived in the street when this was done, he moved out and informed the council he had done so. I understood they would remove the disabled space. Anyway, in hindsight , stupidly I parked there and got a ticket.

As I knew he had contacted them I wrote to Dundee City Council and explained the space was no longer in use and the neighbour had moved on. I did not recieve a reply but about 4 weeks llater the disabled space was burnt away and is now no longer a disabled space. I assumed (maybe wrongly this was a response to my letter.

Not long after I can't remember exactly but weeks not months I recieved a reminder to pay Iagain stupidly assumed it was just in the system but I did phone the number on the ticket and try to explain but was told all challenges had to be in writing I explained I had written in and was told well it will be looked at and dealt with

No more letters then the SOs visiting last month and today when I was in

The letter states I have 14 days to pay !72.05 (made up of 90 penalty charge, 7.45 Agents fee, 74.60 charge fee. It is signed and witnessed and it states If I do not pay the sum within 14 days I am liable to further action including arrestment of earnings and attachment and auction of articles. I am also liable to be sequestrated.

Well I can not afford to pay that half way through a month I do not know if they would accept instalments? But surely by removal of the bay they admit it wasn't needed. Ok maybe I am naive and perhaps a little stupid but I NEVER park in disabled bays in supermarkets as I know they are needed but I knew the disabled gentleman no longer used this space.

So my questions are what do I do, do I fight this further and if so how? Do I phone thSOs on the 0845 number on the letter? Any advooice gretaly recieved. Thank you

I think you are on to a loser.

Whether the parking bay was in use or not, anyone parking within that bay without displaying a blue badge may be liable for a fine.

When the councils are notified that a disabled bay in no longer required they are not immediately done as they normally wait until they have the recommended amount of jobs to complete and do them as a job lot.

You can apply for a time to pay order via the courts that issued the charge for payment.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?185249-Have-you-received-a-charge-for-payment-arrestment-summary-warrant

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)