opposing a further charge on my house

mgzteed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How do I.

Received correspondence from Optima Legal acting for Oakwood finance on the mortgage my wife had on her house. They obtained judgement in March this year for £17k, £11 of which were charges and interest after they forceably auctioned her house well below its market value. The judge ignored my requests to reduce the costs and stop adding to the interest.

Now they are asking for a charge on our jointly owned property and have submitted an application for a charging order at court in October.

I remember reading here ages ago that its possible to object as I was not on the original debt.

How do I do it.

Plus bearing in mind the FSA ruling on charges does this apply in my wife's case please.

Edited by mgzteed

The original debt was secured on her cottage which they sold cheaply so I assume its acceptable for them to get a charging order on our jointly owned house to cover the debt, seems unfair. But from reading the above I assume they can't get an order on my part of the equity. Surely their debt was only secured on her house, which was bought in auction and sold without much being changed at a huge profit recently 11 months later at a price that would ahve cleared all her debts.

So I've looked and can't find what do I say to the solicitors and to the judge when I go to court?