• Tweets

• https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/408156-cabotnolans-spc-claim-old-next-cat-debtclaim-dismissed/page/4/#comments https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/404240-arrowshoos-spc-old-newday-aqua-credit-card-debt-claim-dismissed-no-dn/page/4/#comments default notice win  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/407490-meiii-cabotnolans-spc-claim-old-yorkshire-bank-loan-2nd-claim-dismissed/  
    • It follows a public backlash after stores were told they could not sell items such as clothes. View the full article
    • With regard to your question on post 207 if you bring in the points that I made on the validity of the contract they are supposed to have with Peel holdings then mention that there are already doubts about the validity of the contracts that are being used by the PPCs and the OPS is a classic example. Once you are on there you should then try and get your other point in after that.   if it is in connection with the extra charge of £60 remind the Judge that the charge has been defined by many Court across England that the charge is an abuse of process which was covered in PE v Beavis at point 198    " The charge has to be and is set at a level which enables managers to recover the costs of operating the scheme"  IE the £100 charge covers all their expenses so nothing should be added.   as their WS claims an extra £60 that could be judged as perjurious since it is an additional sum that should be known by VCS and the author of the WS as a double recovery. Especially as they have already lost in Court for the same reason.   Another cause to prove that they do not comply with their Code of Conduct. file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/CamScanner%2008-05-2020%2016.34.59.pdf  Byelaws are statutory not arbitrary as their WS said on no .42 .   Best of Luck.   The above URL does not work but this one does http://forums.National Consumer Service.com/index.php?showtopic=133001    [20.1 is where  VCS  lost then 20.2 where they appealed and lost again . But read the whole thread as it may help you in other ways too.
    • Sian Williams from Indonesia takes us through her week during the coronavirus pandemic. View the full article
    • stop doing nolans job for them... there are numerous threads here in the same forum yours is in     no DN info to follow   dx    
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2958 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I work for a major Aerospace company where I have been with them since September 2001. In March this year, 2012, I have unfortunately been off sick with a number of mental illness problems.

My work have mentioned to me they are looking into dismissing me on capability

May I ask what am I entitled to if anything or what to do going forward as I am worried

11 years with company

Final Salary Pension Scheme

I am 30 years old

I cant stop worrying, please help or advise

So it will probably depend on a couple of things

a) do they think you will ever work again, or is it a shorter term condition, or can you work somewhere else immediately (maybe somewhere less stressful), or can you go back to your current job any time soon; and

b) what provision the pension fund has for ill health retiral

You could probably use support of your union rep if you have one?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I have been told that another 6 - 12 months may be a full reocvery. I am waiting for further therapy

The only thing I know about my pension is that I can retire @ 56 and im on a 1/80 scheme. Sorry thats all I have

Really appreciate your reply

If I had someone fit to return in 6 - 12 months, that would render them ineligible for ill health retiral - probably the same in most companies

50/50 on whether I would hold the job open for another year. 6 months is better! So it could go either way. The issue is they need the work done.

What can you do to accelerate the pace of the therapy? Can you go private even if it hurt financially? Is there a company health scheme or are they prepared to help in this area?

What formal correspondence have you received?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I last had a home visit from my work on Wednesday August the 8th. They said that they wanted to know by the end of August if I was going back to work or not, if not they would dismiss me. I emailed work on Thursday August the 16th to state that I intend to get better ASAP and I would keep them up to date with my extra therapy. On September 6th I received a letter from them stating they were coming to see me on the 10th, short notice. They said they wanted a 'final meeting' I have to be honest and say I had to decline the meeting as I am just not up to it. They did say on Aug 8th that a months notice money and holidays is what they offer if I resign.

You're entitled to 11 weeks notice, so that's a rubbish deal!

With a 6 month return to work date, it may be reasonable for them to wait. 12 months is less likely. How long have you been off work?

I should have been more specific - with 11 years service, your statutory minimum notice entitlement is 11 weeks (full pay).

I don't claim to know the specifics of everyone's disability, but if you can think of any ways that your symptoms could be reduced at work, that might enable you to return quicker. It also depends on the type of role you're doing.

Some people's depression for example manifests itself in being unable to wake early enough to meet a 9am start - so a reasonable adjustment may be to move the start forward an hour to 10:00am. Something along those lines.

So if they are to dismiss me I am entitled to 11 weeks notice of full pay?

I also havent had any holidays am I entitled to them?

I am pushing for more intense therapy. My Anxiety disorder is physical as well as mental which doesnt help. Im on two lots of medication. Short term im certainly not fit for work

Webbo.... What was the cause of your illness? Specifically is it work related? Reading the thread I am none the wiser. Your condition is probably covered by the Equality Act so an employer has to consider making reasonable adjustments to their Policies Practices and Conditons to accomodate you. What others have said is correct.

There are two problems here first the employer needing to get you back to work. If the illness has been caused by things outside what the employer can control then they do have the right to dismiss for capability but only after they have done everything reasonable to assist you.

Secondly is if they dismiss you for capability but the cause was work related AND THEY KNOW ABOUT IT eg by the fact that you put in a grievance then Discrimination issues start to apply.

So the reason for your illness might be helpful to know?

Mental illness is one that may entitle you to DLA especially if you are needing help in doing things, being encouraged to do things or to keep you safe. You are probably entitled to the contribution based part of ESA (and if your condition goes past 12 months sick then you may get the Support side of ESA after the first stops.) Further some elements are income based. Consider Housing Benefit too. Might be an idea to phone the Benefits Enquiry Line here.... 0800 88 22 00 http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/DG_10011165 and discuss your circumstances with them. They are quite helpful. If you have difficulty filling in forms attend your local CAB and ask for help.

Hi not trying to hijack this thread but i have a question.

what if it is the case that the employer wants to dismiss on grounds of capability and they know that the cause of the incapability was work related - and grievances were submitted - how does that change things?

Thanks

Hi thanks for reply there appreciated

My depression is to do with work and personal life. I just feel like a nobody and everything gets me down. Admittingly the work. I am a constant thinker to and I cant stop. I have OCD and also have a major anxiety disorder in which I worry about everything. I have anger problems too. Some days I feel great some days I feel I dont wanna be here.

Its been over a week now and I have heard nothing from my work.

If they do dismiss me is it correct that I receive 11 weeks notice? I find that hard to believe

Webbo... if there is an issue with work causing the problem you need to ensure that Management know what the problem is. If there is an issue, say an an example of bullying and harassment, because of your condition, then to dismiss you because they caused or even partly caused / made worse your condition then dismissal under those circumstances may constitute disability discrimination. if you raised a grieveance and they dismissed you because you raised a grievance that may be victimisation.

The devil is always in the detail, so perhaps you might want to tell us more about what work did to cause or aggravate your illness?

Lindyhop... hope the above answers your query.

Hi not trying to hijack this thread but i have a question.

what if it is the case that the employer wants to dismiss on grounds of capability and they know that the cause of the incapability was work related - and grievances were submitted - how does that change things?

Thanks

It will a case of who complained first.