Jump to content

 

BankFodder BankFodder


style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2756 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone

 

I have been working with a company for several years now and have decided to apply for my Redundency package

I 'm currently off work due to sickness and still waiting to here about my figures

 

I have been offered a job in the next 2 weeks so time is running out

I really dont no what to do i dont want to miss out on my redundency package

 

can anyone help ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

depends how much the redundancy is worth, you could ask if they have made a decision on it yet and see how lone it might be.


If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
depends how much the redundancy is worth, you could ask if they have made a decision on it yet and see how lone it might be.

 

Thanks for that

what if my employers say in the next week im entitiled' what should i do ?start my new job and wait for the cheque to land

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there actually a redundancy situation? If not, your best bet is just to resign with appropriate notice - there's no obligation for your employer to offer you a package.

 

It wouldn't hurt to chase them, though, if you need a quick resolution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You either wait for redundancy and risk losing out on the new job, or you resign without redundancy and take the new job.

 

You have to pick one or the other. It's highly unlikely they will have your package through etc in 2 weeks if they have not made an offer yet.


Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got caught out a few years ago resigned and a couple of days later the rest of the department was made redundant I had to work my notice !!


If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balance up the rewards.

 

Redundancy now will give you a lump sum of possibly 3 months pay.

 

A new job will give you perhaps a minimum of 24 months pay spread over 24 months. If you get my drift. However long you last in the new job, it is probably better than 3 months pay from your old one.

 

I say move on. Forget the redundancy - unless you are being offered retirement money.

 

Chase them up by all means, but don't get stuck on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have actually told them i wanted my figures as there was positions available for redundency i guess i will have to chase them up

 

if say a few days before i start my new job i here that they will except what should i do just start my new job regardless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you mean "if my current employer accepts my offer to go on VR"?

 

No, you need to finish up one place entirely first. You resign, or you wait to start a new job until your end date has passed.

 

The answer will be the same even if you ask it differently again ;)


Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you off sick with stress or some work-related issue? If so, you might be able to get a quick redundancy.

 

Otherwise, I don't think there'll be time for the redundancy process to run its course, so you might need to turn down the job if you're going to wait (or speak to the new employer and explain the situation if you'd feel comfortable doing this).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you off sick with stress or some work-related issue? If so, you might be able to get a quick redundancy.

 

Otherwise, I don't think there'll be time for the redundancy process to run its course, so you might need to turn down the job if you're going to wait (or speak to the new employer and explain the situation if you'd feel comfortable doing this).

I'm not off work with stress but lets say i'm not able to do my job any longer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless they know that you're off work due to a work-related problem, I don't think they'll be able to turn around the redundancy in two weeks.

 

Do you think the new employer would let you wait a bit longer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unless they know that you're off work due to a work-related problem, I don't think they'll be able to turn around the redundancy in two weeks.

 

Do you think the new employer would let you wait a bit longer?

my company does no that i'm off work and occupational health also no

i really dont want to tell my new employer that i need more time

i also no that it would be wrong to be on the sick at 1 company and start a new job at the same time

i'm really in a mess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you are in a mess, I think you are looking for a way to have your cake and eat it. What would you be doing if VR was not on the table? Surely you would just take the new job?

 

Take the new job!! This stress is not worth it for a couple of grand.


Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I think the only way you'll be able to get redundancy in time would be if you approach your employer and ask for some sort of settlement/redundancy rather than wait for the selection process. You could try this, but just be careful that you don't do anything to jeopardise the new job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...