austin1967

ESA Tribunal - turned down

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2472 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

HELLO CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

i have just applied for esa a second time after being turned down at a tribunal, my girlfriend works 20 hours and takes home £500. the esa say we will be getting £46 a week minus mortgage repayments of £35 a week. so from esa i will be getting £11 a week. is this right. we used to get £222 but they have said this is wrong and they have been overpaying us.

please help as we dont know or do dwp know whats happening,

cheers.

hello, i have been getting esa for a bad back and disc degeneration and blackouts for a year now and now i have been getting very violent with severe mood swingsover the past 2 months, i am seeing a psycologist and getting citolpram 20mg for depression the doctor has said. is depression a disability as i am getting worse. i cant live myself as for my poor family.

any help please.

Hello again. I'm sorry to hear about your ongoing problems.

I'll merge this thread with your existing one on the benefits forum, I see you posted there earlier.

Have you checked what other benefits you might be entitled to claim?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

austin if you take your paperwork to the CAB they will help you work out what you are entitled to and what you should be receiving.

now we get .10p a week and £5 mortgage payment, oh dear

That 10p a week will entitle you to free prescriptions, eye tests, council tax benefit, etc.

is depression a disability as i am getting worse.

Only if it affects your ability to carry out day to activities.

that 10p does not pay for food or rest mortgage and insurances, phone, heating etc, that 10p makes me want to go and get my eyes checked,

Hello Austin.

I think you may need to give us a bit more information so we can advise you. I'm sorry if I've missed something, but why is your benefit such a low figure please?

And I think the CAB suggestion is a good one, to help you work out what you might be entitled to.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

They will only pay the interest on your mortgage, subject to the threshold. (there's a maximum they'll pay)