style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, I have had several dealings with these idiots. (council tax debt) I know not to let them into my property or phone them, however 2 months ago when the baliffs turned up with the famous 'baliff removal letter - payment in full due in 24hrs' I called the call center, a payment plan wasn't set up due to me refusing to let a baliff in my home to list goods 1st. Nooo way. However I made it very clear that I was not refusing to pay and asked for a payment book.

Letters continued as did visits. I then got the book.... have been paying when I can... small amounts as we can't afford much, but we are paying some. My husband works, however we are in receipt of child tax/working tax credits & housing benefit. But money doesn't stretch very far & we have to pay council tax in full every month.

Today once again the visits have started. Just looking for some advice really? Shall I carry on as I am doing or anything else I can do?

The baliffs must know I am in when they call as I have 2 noisy children lol. The first time around the baliff even asked my neighbour if we owned a car LOL! We don't though.

Any advice appreciated. Thank You

Ok. you are on benefits and are classed as vunerable. You need to contact your council who issued the order, and tell them your circumstances. They should then call off the bailiffs, and you can deal direct with the council. If the bailiff discussed things with your neighbor, you must make a complaint as they are breaching the data protection act.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank You so much for your reply. We don't receive unemployment benefits, how do I go about that, letter or calling the council?

As for data protection, thank you I didn't realise :oops:

You still recieve benefits, so its a good idea to check with the council anyway. Give as much detail of your circumstances as you can. You can call or write to them, but it might be a good idea to head to the council offices in person. Make sure you dont speak to the reps on the desk. You want to go to a supervisor or manager.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You may well still be entitled to council tax benefit anyway, as you do get some Housing Benefit, the two go hand in hand, and tye council know this but you must do a separate claim for both. Best option to check would be to use the online checker at http://www.turn2us.org.uk/

there you can see what you may be entitled to, if there is an entitlement tell the council, and fill in the forms, and ask if they will backdate to April this year

What council is this, as if Equita are the bailiffs it may be a Capita council, one where back office is outsourced to capita, who own Equita, see where this is going?

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Its Birmingham Council. There are 2 debts from 2008 & 2009 £245.72 & £530.00. Thank You for the link but we don't qualify at the moment for CT benefit. Have left you guys some rep thank you.

I am currently writing them a letter, regarding the breach of data protection & a copy of my in comings and outgoings. I rang the national debt line who were extremely helpful and sent one out for me. It works out to just under £50 spare, I was thinking of making that as an offer to them, £25 every 2 weeks.

when you make your offer inform them that you are not refusing to pay the debt and the £25 per 2 weeks is the most you can pay any more would put you in severe hardship

Birmingham council and Equita are very well known on here

your council outsource council tax and enforcement to a firm called Capita who a bailiff firm called Equita all calls you make to th council will be answered by a Capita employee

• Confused 1

when you make your offer inform them that you are not refusing to pay the debt and the £25 per 2 weeks is the most you can pay any more would put you in severe hardship

Birmingham council and Equita are very well known on here

your council outsource council tax and enforcement to a firm called Capita who a bailiff firm called Equita all calls you make to th council will be answered by a Capita employee

Very well known on here, if you need a hand let me know.

My views are based on experience I would always urge you to do some further research and if in doubt seek legal advice.