Help! G24 Parking Charge Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently used a retail store and have received a G24 parking charge notice demanding 75 pounds (50 pounds if I pay early). I know that G24 is one of the [edited] companies who partake in this [problem]. i did overstay by 30 minutes.

Some questions if anyone knows answers please:

1. Change in registered owner - I am in process of applying to DVLA to change the registered owner, not sure if will change it to my partners name at my address or my father who lives overseas. I am tempted to change it to the overseas address? Is this a problem?

2. Options - Other than ignoring G24, what are my options? i have prepared a letter using Tim Kevan's brilliant template on bloodspot. But If I am about to change the registered owner details should I even bother?

3. Credit rating: I know everyone says ignoring this demand will not affect my rating. However, the experian report has a section which can be used to add details from debt collectors. Experian say this information is not available to credit lenders but used to ensure only appropriate individuals are chased for debt. Will the PPC be able to add any details of this so called debt, though not enforceable, to my credit file?

Edited by Sidewinder
Removed dubious adjective!

there is no 'credit' involved at all

so

Credit Referance Agencies

are not the least bit interested in these spoof demands.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1. Change in registered owner - I am in process of applying to DVLA to change the registered owner, not sure if will change it to my partners name at my address or my father who lives overseas. I am tempted to change it to the overseas address? Is this a problem?

There's no "registered owner". Do you mean registered keeper? Please don't make a drastic move like that just because of this invoice! If DVLA accept is as being kept by someone who lives abroad, then that's where your tax disc reminders will go!

Just ignore them. Template letters - just for fun, maybe, but these companies won't take a blind bit of notice. Ignore them and they will give up.

but these companies won't take a blind bit of notice. Ignore them and they will give up.

You have to be able to read to take notice of a letter, don't forget these people are recuited from the 'doh' que at the job center.