ESA/income support mess

beefy123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am currently in receipt of dla higher rate, care middle rate, income support and my wife gets carer allowance,. I was in receipt of incapacity benefit then I had a ESA medical and didn't get any points at all bearing in mind I am disabled and had a medical of a atos doctor who preformed my dla medical 4 weeks earlier! So I sent in this medical and got 9 points! So I spoke to the benefit centre and they said this is probably all I would get, I have severe arthritis in my knees and find it very very hard to do anything due to the pain and medication I'm taking. So if I find it hard to move I should just get a wheelchair, that was his reply,so he told me to apply for income support so I did and was awarded it on the 3rd of august, then today I got a letter saying that from the 3rd of august I'm not entitled to income support, so I'm not sure what is going on, has anybody else had this problem because it's now too late to appeal the ESA decision and I'm stuck with nothing else but my dla, I'm having a knee op in 4 weeks so I don't know what to do? Please please help me

I think the claim is in my name, as that's what they told us to do, they are telling me to return to work although we're in receipt of these benefits for my disability and her having to care for me!

Cheers for the advice tho!

Your wife should claim income support as a carer - there should be no issue with this claim going through as long as you don't have income/capital that would effect it.

The absolute time limit for appealling is 13 months from the date of decision. You can make a late appeal after one month from the date of decision, you just have to give good cause reasons for appealling late - for instance not being properly advised of appeal rights and or being told by dWP not to bother appealling as 'its all you'll get'.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Your wife should claim income support as a carer - there should be no issue with this claim going through as long as you don't have income/capital that would effect it.

The absolute time limit for appealling is 13 months from the date of decision. You can make a late appeal after one month from the date of decision, you just have to give good cause reasons for appealling late - for instance not being properly advised of appeal rights and or being told by dWP not to bother appealling as 'its all you'll get'.

(Bolding mine)

This part would actually be worth complaining about, if beefy123 felt inclined. It's not the job of benefit processers or call centre staff to advise claimants about whether or not an appeal will succeed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.