help please barclaycard debt X 3 plus 1 capital One

jbp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could anyone please advise me further. My partner has managed to rack up credit card debts of in excess of 16K (he has Aspberger's and has spent everything we have plus a lot more that we don't on pursuing his 'special interests') We are on government benefits only and to date I have written 3 letters to Barclaycard one for each of the cards he has and a fourth to capital One enclosing a budget statement and asking if they would be prepared to write off the debt due to my failing health and care costs. this was 3 weeks ago and I have heard nothing other than this months statement for 1 of the Barclaycard accounts. Reading some of the posts it seems there is a process by which I may be able to recover some of the charges that he has been paying to offset against the debts but I am really too stupid with a computer (and financially) to work out what I might be able to do next. Hoping somebody could possibly spoon feed me step by step instructions.

Hi, I presume that these accounts have not been defaulted yet?

Are any payments being made?

I am afraid that it is unlikely that the debts will be written off, which is why

your letters have been ignored.

Have you retained ALL the statements from ALL the accounts?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I believe from what I can find (that he hasnt hidden/lost) that the accounts have missed payments and barclaycard keep ringing for him so i suspect unpaid for around 3 to 4 months. So all I guess are in default. I can possibly find quite a lot of the statements but certainly not all (I didnt realise that there were 3 separate Barclaycard accounts) Is it possible that if he asks they would supply copy statements although I think they may charge for this

Do you have authority to act for him, has he given you written authority to contact his creditors?

If not you will not get any responses.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

He would be happy for me to deal with all of this for him and would sign a letter to that effect but I feel overwhelmed by the whole thing and although I really want to be able to help him find a route through this I feel it is more appropriate that he work alongside me to deal with it reather than I take over the responsibility of trying to do it on my own for him

OK Capital One 10 to 12 years approx

barclaycard No 1 around 8 years My daughter is a named card holder on this account so I have concerns for her credit rating also

Barclaycard No 2 was a morgan Stanley so also around 8 years

Barclaycard No 3 its a zero rate card so I would think not too long (will try and get the answer from him tonight)

What if any payments are being made?

Have you checked his credit reference files?

Just wanted to say thanks for your time with this I have never felt so completely lost and out of my depth and I really appreciate that you seem to know what your doing with this

OK Capital One 10 to 12 years approx

barclaycard No 1 around 8 years My daughter is a named card holder on this account so I have concerns for her credit rating also

Barclaycard No 2 was a morgan Stanley so also around 8 years

Barclaycard No 3 its a zero rate card so I would think not too long (will try and get the answer from him tonight)

Right let's try and sort this out.

1. Capital 1 Send a CCA request to them let see if they have it still.

2.BC 1. the same and BC 2.

Use the template from the CAG Library and send £1 statutory fee for each request,

the have 12 +2 days to reply.

I take it none of the accounts has been defaulted/terminated or sold on?

Just wanted to say thanks for your time with this I have never felt so completely lost and out of my depth and I really appreciate that you seem to know what your doing with this

Happy to help!!

Yes check Experian and or Equifax both have free 30 day trials (cancel when you have the reports) or Noddle (callcredit) is free, but in my experience not always up to date.

have found the letters will make sure they are sent in the morning and will be back to you when I hear more

Should I ask partner to contact the creditcard companies for copy statements or wait for replies to these letters I think that copy statements are about £5 each so I will try and uncover any we have here anyway

• 2 weeks later...

Just to bring you up to speed partner has now received 2 replies from Barclaycard stating that they are looking into the request for the credit agreement. Only 2 replies from the 3 Barclaycard accounts so far, I'm not sure how long this normally takes but they do seem to be taking their time. Will let you know if I have any further news

Having looked back I see that they have 14 days to reply is that working days? However they have replied and said they are looking into it for 2 accounts, is that all they are required to do within this time scale or should they send the copies of the agreements in 12+2 days? Sorry to be this thick.