buttonsbling -v- Barclays

buttonsbling
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why is it that Barclays leave everything to the very last minute?

I was up early this morning to send a Judgement to them via MCOL only to find they have now acknowledged claim yesterday !!!! So now have to wait another 14 days. Oh well, court interest ticking away all the time I suppose.

(Oh and what is it with husbands, "Oh you won't get that back from the Banks, you are just wasting your time" is all I hear - we'll see!!!);-) :grin: :wink:

I got told i was being greedy by my other half for going after Barclays and Barclaycard...Funny then that i'm off to court for the former two weeks today and she's got her calculator out already!:D

For every person that takes this all the way their must be another who takes a settlement or bottles it as i cant see any other reason why they would delay the inevitable and incur extra costs??

My girlfriend all of a sudden has taken interest in my claim after a month of telling me to shut up about barclays and accusing me of surfing the net for other purposes than that of moneysaving.com!! £2,150 smackers highlighted in statements soon got her interested bless her

Might give her the £150 hey ;)

• 1 month later...

UPDATE UPDATE

Still waiting for a hearing date after filling in AQ and returning by 8th November. I have rung the Court and they said they will be sending a letter to me from the Judge. By the way this is the first claim of its kind in my local County Court. Judge has apparantly allowing 2 hours for the hearing OMG !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE UPDATE

Well, rung local County Court again yesterday, as not heard anything. They told me that my case have been transferred to Leicester County Court to a different judge.

I was also told that all of "these bank claims" were being transferred to Leicester from our area and will be heard as a group hearing ?!?!?!?

ANyone in the same boat? Looking for support here if we have to go to Court............

• 4 weeks later...

Well received a letter yesterday morning from Leicester County Court :

"The judge has approved this case to be lister in a back to back small claims list.

The hearing of this claim will take place on 21 Feb at 14.00 at Leicester County Court, blah blah

The claimant shall by 15 Jan file and serve

(a) copies of any statement or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge repayment of which is sought has been made;

(b) A statement of evidence, if such is to be relied upon as tending to shoe that the alleged charge have been made or that the alleged charges have been made, or that they are irroverable as penalties.

Decided case and other legal material should not be filed, but brought to the hearing with additional copies for the court and Barclays.

RIGHT, so, I send my statements to the court before 15 Jan and what else?????? The Court Bundle????? HELP please...

Is anyone else at Leicester Court on this day?

• 2 weeks later...

Well........................

I have just rung Barclays Legal Dept, spoke to a nice guy.

He asked me all sorts of questions re my claim and then said that it was him dealing with it. I was polite to him.

He then said that he would have to get my charges verified before he could settle this claim ?????????????????????

Wait a minute, this case has been going on since August 06 and they havent even verified these charges yet....................

I asked him to ring me back, as I have to file this large pile of papers at the Court on Friday this week and all those poor trees etc.

Never mind worth a phone call I suppose at least it has got my file to the top of the piles again......:p

:mad: I'm also fuming about Barclays today! My claim was supposed to expire on 23rd December and they acknowledged it on 21st giving them till 9th, I tried to submit a default judgement this morning (10th) only to be told have to wait until midnight but when I checked again at 3pm guess what ...they have filed defence just hours before expiry! It's so annoying that they wait till very last minute this claim feels like it's going on for ages! Keep us posted on your case and what you are providing as evidence.

My evidence is as follows:

Relevant bank statements showing charges

All correspondance with Barclays over the past 5 months

Breakdown of charges and interest

AND Court Bundle (found on here as a Sticky)

Al in all about 70 pieces of paper x 3 (one for court, one for Barclays and one for me) so that 210 bits of paper. Barclays should be reported to some sort of environmental body for this waste.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE****

Barclays had to file and serve their responses BY 12 Feb, not done so, rung them and they said that they were not going to either !!!!!

Rung the court back, nice lady said fill in Form N244 for Jugdment by Default, listing reasons, send £35 in with it and hey presto ...

Did that yesterday FCP, so they should have it at the Courts today....

My Court date is 21 Feb at Leicester - will I still have to attend?

UPDATE UPDATE

Still waiting for a hearing date after filling in AQ and returning by 8th November. I have rung the Court and they said they will be sending a letter to me from the Judge. By the way this is the first claim of its kind in my local County Court. Judge has apparantly allowing 2 hours for the hearing OMG !!!!

probably fancies a long lunch that day :)