• Tweets

• 20 million quid on just the brokering fee for a crappy deal with the UK public hocked to pay more for PPE - which was probably useless with better and cheaper per item with no 20 million quid fee - available from alibaba Stinks of corruption to me.  
    • Breaking News Biden wins Kennedy family endorsement Fifteen members of the storied Kennedy political family endorsed U.S. President Joe Biden at a Philadelphia campaign event on Thursday, with some joining him onstage, in a rebuke of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's independent bid for the White House. and 30 members in the extended Kennedy family   nytimes.com WWW.NYTIMES.COM Kennedys endorse Biden over their relative RFK Jr WWW.BBC.CO.UK Robert F Kennedy Jr is running for president as an independent - but many family members oppose him. More than a dozen Kennedy family members endorse Biden, snub RFK Jr. | CBC News WWW.CBC.CA President Joe Biden accepted endorsements from at least 15 members of the Kennedy political family during a campaign stop...  
    • Speaking of Frost and Johnson the corrupt liars' grate deal they forced through   Shortages of life saving medicines has become ‘new normal’ for UK after Brexit WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK ‘The medicines supply chain is broken at every level,’ warns Dr Leyla Hannbeck   "Professor Tamara Hervey, of the City Law School, said: “There is nothing inevitable about this ‘new normal’ where Great Britain is isolated in efforts to manage fragilities in global supply of the products and people we need to run the NHS. It is the consequence of policy choices and those could be different.”     Mind you, the private sector is making hays while the NHS is burned. Private health insurance market grows by £385m in a year amid NHS crisis | Private healthcare | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Demand for private treatment booms as NHS waiting lists remain long, while more people also sign up for dental cover  
    • That's an idea on Maquarie. On being accountable, you also have to blame Ofwat and possibly the Environment Agency although they've been badly defunded. I put the Frost article up for balance.  
    • I agree HB, but there were no laws broken - its perfectly legal to fleece the UK and its infrastructure - and labour were little better than the Tories Perhaps an option would be to ban the aussie investment fund from the UKs markets
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

We cant afford food... Please help me sort this mess

the_pest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i am on jsa with 2 children who have just left school.

.neither are going to college,

so are looking for work as i am.

I have been un-employed 18 months theres nothing here, and living in a small villiage i also have transport issues..but i still want work..

jsa i get is 120.00 per fortnight as they are taking 7.00 ish to pay a crissis loan..

2 years ago i was on a diff benifit due to health issues but had to change to jsa when the health one was resolved,

i got told the change of benifit would be straight away no break in money.

.hum well short of it was they stopped my moeny so i had to get another crissis loan to cover the weeks of no money.

right my problem now is this..

.i get 120.00 every 2 weeks thats it money wise into the home.

.my lads are 16 and finished school so any benifit i had for them has also stopped so..

120 a fortnight for 3 people to live on, my gas n elect are on payment meters as this is the only way i can pay those bills 20.00 a week elect and 10.00 a week gas

this leaves..30.00 to use for food A WEEK.. hard enought

..now i have been informed that the crisis loan i took out to cover me is due to be repaid and that they are going to take 23.93 a WEEK to repay this...how can they justify that,

i rang them explained that i only have 30.00 for food so cant pay back the load at their rate.

.i was told As my benifits for my children have stopped i am not responsible for them any more so dont have to supply them with anything

also as the pay back amount has been sorted (by them) it WILL be taken at that rate..

. this now leave me (us) with... just over 6.00 a week for food for 3 people what can i do???

i am scared/terrified how can we live please please anyone help me i dont know what to do?? :sad:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the DWP are saying that you are not entitled to any financial assistance for the two children and that they should now be providing for themselves, should they not be claiming benefits in their own rights?

The DWP can't just say what they told you - that you have no further legal responsibility to the two children without them having some level of support from somewhere?

Both my lads are 16 (twins)

Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA) is a benefit open to most people OVER the age of 18 who are unemployed Under 18s: can't get JSA, EXCEPT in special circumstances eg If you're 16 or 17, you will only be able to receive Jobseeker’s Allowance in exceptional circumstances. For example, estrangement from your family leading to severe hardship.

Why are your two children not claiming benefits so they can pay their own keep?

Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA) is a benefit open to most people OVER the age of 18 who are unemployed Under 18s: can't get JSA, EXCEPT in special circumstances eg If you're 16 or 17, you will only be able to receive Jobseeker’s Allowance in exceptional circumstances. For example, estrangement from your family leading to severe hardship.

They cant get income support either .. Income Support only if you are 18 or OVER. If you are 16 or 17 years old, you MAY get Income Support if you:-

have a child or are pregnant

are on certain kinds of training course.

have been in care

Both my lads are 16 (twins)

I've just researched a bit more into this. Yes you are quite right. Between ages 16 and 18 and not being in full time education and not having 'special circumstances' as you have described, they are not entitled to any state help for the next two years.

That is awful. What are these lads supposed to live on?

I can see why the government have done this - the carrot of asking them to carry on at school/college hasn't worked so out comes the big stick - no money - take your choice. Full time education or no financial help for the next two years.

Take it or leave it!

Is there any wonder why kids in the age group (16 - 18) think that they have been abandoned. Crime? Anti Social Behaviour? Riots? The picture is much clearer to me now. I never knew about this 2 year gap.

Severe hardship can also include living at home with a parent on a very low income - I've known 16 year olds get benefit in your kid's situation.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

I've just researched a bit more into this. Yes you are quite right. Between ages 16 and 18 and not being in full time education and not having 'special circumstances' as you have described, they are not entitled to any state help for the next two years.

That is awful. What are these lads supposed to live on?

I can see why the government have done this - the carrot of asking them to carry on at school/college hasn't worked so out comes the big stick - no money - take your choice. Full time education or no financial help for the next two years.

Take it or leave it!

Is there any wonder why kids in the age group (16 - 18) think that they have been abandoned. Crime? Anti Social Behaviour? Riots? The picture is much clearer to me now. I never knew about this 2 year gap.

It's crazy i agree, we all want work but have to exist somehow while looking.. both my lads are trying their best to help me money wise, they have both put up for sale anything that would get some money for the home but people just dont seem to buy.. we are all looking for ANY job be it full, part or even a hr or 2 a week..Theres nothing here. Its terrifying to say the least..and i am truely frightened for my lads..i couldnt just abandon them as the dhss person seemed to think i should and even IF i was such a unfit mum i still couldnt live on what i would get after their deductios for the crissis loan

I apologise if I don't fully understand the trouble you're going through, but why aren't your children in full time education or training anymore - are there no places available? They'll stand little chance of ever getting work at that age, and a better chance if they go back to college and train for something specific.

Estellyn..Any idea what they claimed or how? all routes we have been down say NOTHING they can get even tho we have proved I (we) have nothing to live on... I am at my wits end

Marmaris30.. both children left school this year in july as their 16, both are looking into the college side of things but a lot of the colleges here will have had their intake sorted, and as my lads werent going to enroll have been told they stand little chance of being excepted as such a late date..

1 of my lads was going to join the army (passed the selection etc waiting on exam results) but his school exam results were not what the army needed for his chosen path..he has been told he cant join the infantryside either (even tho this needs no qualifications) as his build is to small

Edited by the_pest

Estellyn..Any idea what they claimed or how? all routes we have been down say NOTHING they can get even tho we have proved I (we) have nothing to live on... I am at my wits end

What you'll have to do will seem very harsh. basically they need to see the under 18's adviser at the JCP and apply for JSA on grounds of severe hardship. This type of claim can't be done over the phone (if things are still the same as they were). You will have to be very firm with the adviser that you cannot afford to feed or clothe them and that they now need to pay board or leave. Have details in writing regarding your income and expenditure showing that you have no choice in this decision. Its not easy, and they may get turned down at first, but the decision can be challenged.

Regarding the crisis loan repayments, you need to write to the crisis loans section dealing with your loan repayments and request that the repayments be lowered on grounds of severe hardship if they take at that rate. Don't mention your kids and provide, in writing details of income and expenditure showing that you can afford the crisis loan repayment at the previous rate, but not at the new rate.

What you'll have to do will seem very harsh. basically they need to see the under 18's adviser at the JCP and apply for JSA on grounds of severe hardship. This type of claim can't be done over the phone (if things are still the same as they were). You will have to be very firm with the adviser that you cannot afford to feed or clothe them and that they now need to pay board or leave. Have details in writing regarding your income and expenditure showing that you have no choice in this decision. Its not easy, and they may get turned down at first, but the decision can be challenged.

Regarding the crisis loan repayments, you need to write to the crisis loans section dealing with your loan repayments and request that the repayments be lowered on grounds of severe hardship if they take at that rate. Don't mention your kids and provide, in writing details of income and expenditure showing that you can afford the crisis loan repayment at the previous rate, but not at the new rate.

Thank you at least this gives me some avenue to explore...the local job center just siad nothing they/we can do so at least this is a start many thanks

Thank you at least this gives me some avenue to explore...the local job center just siad nothing they/we can do so at least this is a start many thanks

Also they may want to sign with connexions first to show that they are trying everything they can to get work, they may also be able to help with the JSA hardship claims.

I apologise if I don't fully understand the trouble you're going through, but why aren't your children in full time education or training anymore - are there no places available? They'll stand little chance of ever getting work at that age, and a better chance if they go back to college and train for something specific.

That is exactly what the problem is. unfortunately it seems that these two lads would sooner find work than go back to college. They should have a choice - it costs the taxpayer money to fund their further education so why aren't they able to claim an amount that they are saving the country by not going to college? Maybe they are not academic and want to find work to support mum.

Surely they should have a choice. Not every child wants to go to college, some just can't hack it and some don't see the point in it. For the government to blackmail them into college is totally wrong.

I left school three weeks after my 16th birthday as I had had enough of it.

The government have tried using the carrot - offering weekly payments if they went to school or college, but that was stopped last year. Now they are using the big stick!!

Totally disgusting. Where are the freedoms of choice in this country?

the-pest, why don't they go to college? My dd's friend has had to stay in college purely as her mother can't afford her not to.

Had to? And that is the right?

Pity the child that is made to go to college for the sake of extra money and hates every day that they are there!

Crikey! I'm sorry I can't help but I wish you all the best. I had no idea just how messed up we are when it comes to a young family...

Messed up - until this morning I was reasonably happy with my lot and could see a little light at the end of the tunnel for mum and dad. Then this post arrives which has me very angry. Not at the children involved, not at the mother but at the state for 'forcing' two 16 year olds into doing something that they don't want to do or have other plans as the OP has stated so that they can be fed and clothed!!!

Talk about a two tier country. Parents that can afford to subsidise their 16 year old offspring, can take time off or maybe look for a job.

The rest, well, forget the work bit, forget the time off - get back to college if you want food and clothes.

I'm pretty sure that from next summer, education is compulsory up to age 18 so this is the final year they can leave at 16

Well that idea can be used to manipulate the 16 - 24 'NEETS'. All of a sudden 25% of the current figure of just over a million will disappear - wow hasn't the government done well in getting the figures down. They are already doing the same thing with the Work Providers for JSA & ESA claimant's. Once they go on those 'work' schemes they just disappear from the figures overnight.

Maggie Thatcher did it by moving the long term unemployed onto Inacpacity Benefit and at the stroke of a pen got the figures for the unemployed down by 15% overnight.

Now Cameron is at the same game it seems, getting rid of the 16 - 18 year olds.

Unfortunately it is a bit like trying to get in a dress size smaller. You might just do it, but it doesn't mean that you have lost weight - it's just gone somewhere else! Try as you may in trying to look slimmer the excess will pop up elsewhere!!

... it costs the taxpayer money to fund their further education so why aren't they able to claim an amount that they are saving the country by not going to college? Maybe they are not academic and want to find work to support mum ...

That's pretty much what went through my mind. When I was that age, most of us were only too glad to escape school at 16 and couldn't wait! All my further education I did in later life when I was more able and fitting to do it.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks