new ppi claim to capitol one

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have just started a claim for missold ppi with Cap One. The ppi was on a credit card taken out in 1999 and they are still taking out premiums monthly. Action so far is a request for the original agreement for which they sent the original application form where it clearly states i am retired.

Following this i sent a formal complaint on the form provided on the FO site and have just received a response from Cap One stating that due to high volume of complaints it will take 10 weeks to investigate my claim and respond.

Initial thoughts are that 10 weeks seems a long time and should i reply with a letter stating what i think the time frame should be prior to further action (LBA etc.). Also i don't have a clue how to work out what i am owed from them so could anyone provide and idiots guide on how to work it out? ;)

I also have another credit card with them and i am awaiting the original agreement copy for that before tackling them with that.

Many thanks for any help or advice given in advance

I have just got a PPI refund from Cap One. It was a very simple and very small amount. I complained via the FOS complaint form start of July 2012. Had no correspondence from them till this week where they have stated they will pay up.

So ten weeks seems about right. But of course you can go to FOS after 8 weeks but that would see your claim going into the meat grinder down there with no date for resolution.

I would leave it and be patient and see what comes out of Cap one first.

• 1 month later...

The above comments are interesting. I applied to Capital One 6 weeks ago and never recriring leeived any acknowledgement of my complaint. Last week I sent a further form and covering letter, recorded delivery. See if they respond this time.

I started my claim on the 5th of July this year in regards to ppi miss-selling I received a letter within a week stating that they would reply within 8 - 10 weeks, they took the full 10 weeks and then another letter arrived saying they needed another 4 weeks which they took full advantage of and abit more, so I phoned them and they told me I would receive a letter upholding my claim, and that I had to sign a confirmation that I would accept their offer of 1675 just waiting for the cheque to arrive hopefully soon although they have given themselves 3 weeks to dispatch it to me, to which I am sure they will take full advantage of that aswell. Be patient