Jump to content

advice needed on social workers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I hope I have posted this in the right forum.


My mate's child who is mentally disabled attends a special school. A mark/scab was noticed by his mother and the child said it had occured at school. My mate asked the school they denied that any incident has occured.


The school have contacted social services, who have been round to see the parents twice (and inspected the property), and are saying the child needs to be taken into hospital for a special check up. At first, the parents disagreed because the social workers said they will take the child and some disclaimer forms must be signed, after much debate the social workers said you can bring the child to the hospital and they will meet them there.


The parents took the child to the hospital, however the Dr had a lengthy discussion with the social workers before asking the child and parents to come in. The Dr had further forms for the parents to sign giving the hospital permission to release information to any relevant authorities such as social security/court etc. Again, the parents weren't happy about this, and the Dr did not even check the child.


The social have said they will get a court order if they need to despite the child being 18 years old with a mental disability.


The parents have said the following:

1) They feel violated and that if the blame is being pointed at them since their house/living conditions are being inspected

2) Why do they have to sign discliaimer forms for one to be medically examined?

3) The presence and lenghty discussion of the social workers with the Dr, why do the social workers need to be present since the medical report will go them, it seems to the parents that they want the Dr to write in the report what the social workers want in there!

4) If the parents harmed the child (As the social services are indicating) they wouldnt have reported the case to school asking of any incidents occured in the first place!


Any light shed on this matter will be great, as the social services can be a handful.

I went all the way to court to seek compensation for "damage to creditworthiness" against HSBC. I lost unfortunately.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that this situation is far too specialised for this forum and the parents should get professional legal advice asap. Another suggestion would be to contact a mental health charity that deals on a daily basis with your friends childs condition.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...