I never expected this !!

China.Blue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lowell have been on my back for £903 which they say I owe Home shopping.

I accepted responsibility for £650 which is the actual amount.

For months they have refused to lower this figure to the amount I readily accept , and insist I pay them the £903.

I have told them on many occasions , (never by phone , but by email only) to GFT's.

Following advice on CAG , I contacted them , again by email , and told them that as we are on full benefits ,

I will pay them £1.00 per month.

I recieved a email from Lowell yesterday saying that they will accept £1.01p a month over 900 months if I agree to the £903 that they want.

That would take 75 years to pay off!!.

Should I accept their offer ?

It would be very nice to get these of my back , but if I agree their terms , would this mean that if I accept that I would have agreed to the £903 they say I owe?.

They also say I could pay a one off fee of £700 to settle.

I can honestly say I never expected Lowell to agree £1.00 a month !!!

Light travels faster than sound...............that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

You say you owe £650 so the rest would be charges?

I think if you reclaimed the rest they say you owe, with compound interest and Stat interest at 8%, you could wipe the full debt out.

JOgs

You are correct , the rest is for charges. But how could I possibly reclaim the rest they say I owe , when this has been unresolved?

Light travels faster than sound...............that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Do lowlife claim they own this or are they collecting for shop direct?

I would be inclined to SAR shop direct.

They say it has been passed to them so I assume Shop direct have nothing to do with it. Forgive me , but what is SAR ?

Just click on the BOLD SAR to take you to the letter!

Thank you !! Funny isn't it !! I have just noticed your name and that is exactly what I am doing................enjoying a nice cold Stella !! I will click the SAR and take it from there. Once again , thank you.

I think it might be dangerous to accept that you owe them £903 if you only owe them £600.

If you admit to the higher figure they could issue a statutory demand as it over the threshold of £750.00.

A stat demand is a precursor to a bankruptcy petition.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Agreed CB. Reading through and knowing Lowells history it does seem like this is what they are trying to get. Especially with the 75 year repayment plan.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Be a bit careful with Lowell. If you accepted the debt was £903, paying £1 a month, it would not surprise me, if they went for a CCJ, just so it was on a legal footing and they would add the cost of doing this. Also a debt above £750 would mean they could go for backruptcy if you stopped paying and Lowells like issue statutory demands for smallish debts. So definitely don't accept £903. Enter into dispute with whoever own the debt and challenge the charges. Tell them you will pay £1 a month towards a £650 debt and await resolution of a complaint about the legality of the charges.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Lowell are very well known for using underhand tactics to get what they want.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

If you did accept the installment plan, I think that you should be very careful to make it clear in writing that you only owe £650 and that you have no other liability but in return for no action being taken and for being allowed to pay installments, you are prepared to pay an additional £300 in extended installments. Tell them that you want written confirmation that this is what they accept.

I don't see how this could be challenged in any court. It amounts to a binding contract upon them to accept the £900 and to take no further action.

I made it abundantly clear to Lowells that I have no intention of even contemplating their figure of £903 , and that I will re-pay £650 at the rate of £1.01p per month by standing order. They now tell me I have to wait up to 28 days before receiving a reply. I have to say a big thank you to all of you that gave advice and information. I have to admit that I had no idea about a £750 threshold......thank you CB !! Bankfodder , forgive me if I read this wrong , but your suggestion of paying an additional £300 in extended installments (presumably on top of the £650) would surely mean that at the end of the day , they are getting what they originally wanted , namely £903 ?. Why would I do that when I only owe £650?

You know far far more than me on this subject hence your position and over 16,000 posts, so there is a good reason why you suggest that. But I personally fail to see it !!. Could you please enlighten me ?

28 days for a response is very strange. Jsut be careful there not trying to do anything.

I think what BF means is that the additional £300 is not part of any debt owed but you are prepared to pay that on top of the agreed debt of £650 as a gesture of them accepting the monthly instalment of £1 - and they agree not to take any further action to enforce the debt whilst the monthly payments are maintained. I guess at 75 years to pay off, with infation & cost of living the extra £300 by that time won't be worth a great deal anyway. That's assuming you last that long!

I think what BF means is that the additional £300 is not part of any debt owed but you are prepared to pay that on top of the agreed debt of £650 as a gesture of them accepting the monthly instalment of £1 - and they agree not to take any further action to enforce the debt whilst the monthly payments are maintained. I guess at 75 years to pay off, with infation & cost of living the extra £300 by that time won't be worth a great deal anyway. That's assuming you last that long!

Thank you for clarifying that !!. I still can't believe they can be that obstinate. The 75 years is based on the figure of £903 over 900 months. As I have told them I am only going to pay £650 , that should bring it down a tad , but you are right..............I won't be round long enough.

28 days for a response is very strange. Jsut be careful there not trying to do anything.

I am not used to the workings of these people. You say it is strange? What would be the usual period before recieving a reply?. What could they do?. You know far better than me the limits these lice can go to.