Illegally parked car damage ..am I liable?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I rent out my home to a charity .One of their workers parked her car up onto the front driveway .The driveway has not been dropped therefore she has driven over the pavement to do so.

I have in the past provided residence parking tickets,arranged with the council for the tenants to get parking tickets to be able to park on the road which has plenty of resident parking spaces.

I had also previously informed 2 senior members of staff that cars are not to be parked up at the front as the neighbors had complained that their vehicles parked legitimately infront of the driveway where being clipped by the cars of drivers trying to squeeze past onto the pavement to park.They have also been informed that parking wardens do and have issued parking fines for vehicles parked on on the driveway.

When I attend to the property i buy a weekly dispensation order and park in the residence parking spaces on the street.

The car which was parked up on the driveway was damaged due to a bay window tile falling and now she is claiming repair damages from me. Am I liable considering she has negligently parked as is at fault ?

From my basic understanding with her insurancer it seems shes stating she parked infront of the house ,I dont think she has informed them that shes parked up onto the driveway .

Parking is not included in the tenancy contract .

Am I liable? my insurance company states not as the other party as acted negligently so how can the car owners insurance now be chasing me for damages over £1000! Any help would be appreciated.

I pressume you have property insurance with TP liability, if so pass the claim onto them and let them deal with it, and give the facts about the parking.

IMO if they were parking without permision then how can you be liable!

It might be prudent in the future if you dont want parking, then put a barrier or posts to prevent it, or even just a sign - NO PARKING!

Problem I see here is that a while ago my car was parked in a road and was hit by a roof tile which was eventually traced to a house 50 yards away down road (3 cars damaged as part of roof came off) my insurance paid out for repair then claimed from householder.

dpick