Help with PDL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its pretty obvious now that youve been conned by them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It isnt sarcasm. Its truth. You are being conned by them and from all your responses its becoming obvious. Both from your replies and from the way the PDL's are acting.

My comment wasnt made in jest towards your attitude, more towards your lack of knowledge towards what is happening and how to rectify it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

We are talking about something in relation to PDL's. Read through the thread in full and slowly. You will see why we are talking about bank accounts.

Be aware that they could take other money earlier, or later. THe PDL industry is known as legal loan sharks for a very good reason. Even a prominent MP has tabled motions and debates in parliament due to it. We dont give this advice for fun, we tell you from prior experience. Both from the forums and from parliament.

Excuse the bluntness but Bella if you come back here on the 28th and say that your account has been emptied then you are no doubt going to expect advice and help from the same people on here who's sound advice and help you appear to be dismissing. It is imperative that you open a parachute account to have your wages paid into. I too thought I was safe when I had arranged a payment plan with quick quid, the feeling I got on payday when my card was declined at the petrol station and I checked the bank and saw that my account was empty - in fact minus a couple of hundred which was an unauthorised overdraft is a feeling that still haunts me a year later, it will stay with me for a long time.

Bella, apologies, I'm sorry if this is all a bit confusing and overwhelming.

It's just such a common story on these boards and I personally don't want you to fall victim to these scumbags.

I'm browsing on my phone so I can't pinpoint the old threads that detail people's bank accounts being emptied after repayment plans have been set up - I will have a look in the morning and post a couple of links.

I understand your concerns about your overdraft on your bank account and that you are using it still. Ok, so maybe a trip into the bank and a request to cancel all CPAS to these pdl companies might be worthwhile. Simply advise your bank that these companies do not have permission to take money.

A lot of them are stating that they don't accept standing orders... Nonsense, they like to control the amounts you pay and want to take away the control you have. I'd exhaust every other option before giving them my bank/card details.

Some use a prepaid debit card to pay them, simply top it up with the exact amount and there is no room for discrepancies.

I hope I've answered all your questions. If there's anything else you need to know, give us a shout... Please don't simply wait until the 28th to see If they raid your bank account. I've got a feeling at least one will try.

Best Wishes

BM

It never rains but it pours...

I just want to add, I'm not having a go at you, but the people on here really do know what they are talking about, I will repeat that please please please just keep your wages safe and have them paid into another account, these companies really are sharks and have no morals whatsoever and there is no guarantee that they won't try and clear your account, they cannot be trusted, as Bombay said, please don't just wait and see if they take it

All. help! total break down. As per my last thread I have now set up debt management plan and changed bank accounts, I thought I was going in the right direction. I return to work today from annual leave and I have a message on my phone (work phone) from someone that hardly talks english. He says he is from a law firm acting for Kwik Cash they say that I took out a loan with Kiwik cash in Mar 12 (no i did not) and they say they have been sending me reminder emails RE the debt (no they havent) and they said they executed my case to the court house today at 11am . I said that I have never heard of Kwik cash and i have NO REMINDER EMAILS and they said Kwik cash are their client but Kwik cash operate 15000 pay day lenders so they couldnt tell me who the original lender was meant to be! anyway I said forward me a copy of the emails they have been apprently sending me so I can work out who the orginal lender is and they said no as it would go agaist thier case agaist me as they cant enter into any communication with me now its gone to court (yet they are speaking to me on the phone) he said "i see you are not the sort of person that would want something to go to court" so I said "what makes you think that" and he said "as a law firm we have access to all your infromation and I did a search on you and yoru NI number and I can see yoru the sort of person that has never been in trouble before" and then he said we are sending to you a court summons and this will be sent to your employer and you will have to open it in front of them. He said to stop action I shoudl pay him 425.!!! I have no idea who these people are. I may be in debt but I aint stupid, I havent taken out a loan with any firm which I dont already know about whcih my debt plan people are dealing with. Someone please help me. They have my NI numvber, my addresss and apparently an E signature of me signing for this loan but Im not stupid I know of all my debts and this aint one of them I dont even know who Kwik cash are and I have no way of finding out who the orgonal lender was meant to be as they wont tell me or forward any emails to me that they say they have sent me. someone pleaase help. They say they are pressing charges for fraud!!!!

Ok. CALM down. Treat the phone call as if you never recieved it.

They also have not sent your account to any court whatsoever. Otherwise you would have had court documents through the door which means you have around a month or so before any case is heard.

The person you spoke to on the phone should be ignored, and is probably a rep at Kwik Kash trying to con you into paying.

If you didnt record it, then just ignore it completely.

As for the rest of the conversation, it is completely laughable, as they are talking straight out of their backside. Stop worrying and ignore it. They know you are unable to do anything as you have no proof who called and dont have the call recorded.

Nothing that they said is going to happen, and everything the person said to you gave me a really good laugh.

You also say that you dont know who kwik kash are. This means that the phone call was probably a sc@m attempt and they were hoping you would fall for it. Especially since they hardly spoke any english.

Again, just ignore it and stop worrying about a random phonecall.

They said they sent it to the court house at 11 am today. Lets say they did, would I receive the papers at my work and would they make me open it in front of everyone! that is what he said, I could not believe my ears.

If they did do what they said and passed my papers to the court today would the next think be a summons that would be sent to me? and if they do, and a summons is sent, what do I do then?

They havent sent ANYTHING. You would get papers at your home address first, allowing you to acknowledge receipt them have a ton of time to form a defence. What proves that they are lying is that they said you will receive papers at work and have to open them in front of everyone. This is 10000000000000000000% a complete lie and proves they are trying to trick you into giving them money, and you are falling for it.

Stop worrying about what if's when they wont happen, and worry about things that actually happen.

Have a read of the conversation again. It is very obvious that they are lying in order to get you to pay them over the phone.

• Confused 1

The thing is, I know that I havent had a loan with these people. I know I have debt but I write down everything and these people are not one of them plus, I am sure they would have made more than 1 attempt to take payment from my account since March 12! , at some point there would have been funds in there...... and I am sure I would have got a billion and one calls from then which I havent, and they say that is because as per the contract I apparently signed with them, it says that I agree that they only corrospond with me via email......... how can I prove that I dont have a loan with them? they say they have my E signature and NI number.. do you think its a [problem] and do you think I will actually recieve court papers? they had my DOB wrong too... well they had the month and year right but no the date .... I am so stressed. I know you say I shouldnt be but I am ,these people are so mean. Whats to stop men with weapons from turning up at my door! whatever next......

STOP WORRYING. It's a con trick that happens all the time. As for your info, they can easily have grabbed some of that from anything you registered online, any surveys you fill in, or any number of things.

Looks like I will wait to see what the post man has for me then! ... on the plus side.. my DMP team had luck with the pay day lenders they approached so far and they agreed to a payment plan... apparently I should be debt free on all my debt in 7-10 months... roll on next year :) I would probably still me in a muddle if it wasnt for you guys so thank you , you will never know how much of a difference you have made

Blossom, if you had heard some of the stuff he was saying, the thought would have crossed your mind. My jaw was on the floor.... I sitll dont know how he got my work number, back in Mar 12 I wasnt working for the firm that I am working for now

I completely understand how u feel Bella, I was threatened with debt collectors coming to my house etc etc and I know how vulnerable and isolating it feels, admittedly I was threatened to the extent you have been, but from an outside point of view it is clearly a load of tosh and designed to frighten you.