virgin media debt with advantis

Ice30
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I dont know if this is the right place to post this

I last used virgin media a couple of years ago however i did not pay my last bill, first it went to a company called moorcroft i still didnt pay. For the past year i have been trying to sort out my credit history. June 2012 it was passed to advantis like moorcroft i was asked to pay £119.89, i start making payments of £10 per week i had paid £90 then called to make the last two weeks payment £15 and £14.89. at that time they told me virgin media had added on £10 in july 2012. i called virgin they had no idea of these charges, so i asked advantis to send me proof they sent me a letter of a balance. after numerous calls to virgin and advantis, advantis said in order to file a dispute i had to pay the balance, on tuesday 11th september i paid the £10 as the final £14.89 was being taken out of my account that same day and they said another £5 had been added on, im frustrated i know its not a lot of money but im a single mom of 3 and feel im being ripped off what can i do? Virgin media are still denying these charges but can virgin media actually do this? is there any thing i can do to stop this:-x

Unfortunately you have been mugged.

What you need to do is to stop talking to any of them over the phone, forget them.

Just put this down to a lesson in life.

If you have given any of them your credit/bank card details then you need to inform the bank that you require a new card as it has been compromised or lost.

Then cancel any direct debits or standing orders you might have set up to pay these con men.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!